Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

servicing a Deauville - easy?

Options
  • 28-09-2008 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Changing oil and filter
    - how often?
    - Easy to do?

Brake pad changing - easy to do? Is it all in the manual?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Hi,

go online and look for haynes manuals. There are some places where they are uploaded for free!

Brake pad changing is a doddle. Just remember where everything goes, and dont touch the pad side of the brake pads.

Go online (youtube) for little instructional vids. Theres a few really good ones!

But do have a go. You get a great buzz & confidence doing it yourself (and save a few quid)

G'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭worded

ogriofa wrote: »
    Hi,

go online and look for haynes manuals. There are some places where they are uploaded for free!

Brake pad changing is a doddle. Just remember where everything goes, and dont touch the pad side of the brake pads.

Go online (youtube) for little instructional vids. Theres a few really good ones!

But do have a go. You get a great buzz & confidence doing it yourself (and save a few quid)

G'luck

Cool, thanks.

Where is the best place to get brake pads. I got honda brake pads and they were so so expensive, wont do again. (is there a good brand?)

What the best www for pads?
    What the best place in Dublin for pads, I can collect.

service every xK miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Haya,

Brake pads? Well theyre only €20 or therabouts, so i just buy them from the shop (JPs on pearce street are sound lads)

There 2 kinds that will fit your bike. Sintered (spelling?) and normal ones.
    The sintered are for sports bikes, they are designed to hold high heat. Id go for the normal ones. Ask the guy in the shop.

Oil change on youtube:
    I thought this guy was very good. I've a different bike, but this gives you a really good idea of whats needed. Check your owners manual aswell...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7GFuVESiaY

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

An online option is http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/
    I think there may be two types, depending on caliper. Mine is a Nissin caliper from 2002 model onwards.

Advertisement