Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to dispose of old mobile phone

Options
  • 20-10-2014 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Preferably somewhere around Rathmines/Dublin city center where I can drop it into a box rather than sending it somewhere by post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A lot of phone shops have a box/bin where you can drop a phone into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

zetalambda wrote: »
    Preferably somewhere around Rathmines/Dublin city center where I can drop it into a box rather than sending it somewhere by post.

Are you just looking to recycle it or are you looking to get money for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Are you just looking to recycle it or are you looking to get money for it?

Just looking to get rid of it. It's a Nokia 3100 with glow in the dark cover. Has served me as a great alarm clock for the last 10 years. :D

thumb_2004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Fair play OP - I reckon most people would just throw it in the bin myself

(me included)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can put it on adverts for free and someone should take it off you.

Vodafone usually take old phones back at their shops.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/aboutus/csr/recycling/faqs/#unwanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The Jack & Jill Foundation used to take old phones, it'd be nice to put it to good use rather than just bin it, and that's such a good cause.

I'm sure I've seen bins (maybe in McDonalds??? but then again maybe not) in shops for taking phones - otherwise would be a good thing to make a small effort to give it to a good cause.

ETA - http://www.jackandjill.ie/how-you-can-help/mobile-phone-recycling/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Yep Jack and Jill definitely take them. I used to collect them at school and for 200 mobiles we got an interactive whiteboard in return! :)

Advertisement