Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can ya get compensation from irish rail

Options
  • 24-10-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

To get compensation you need to have been hard done by in some way, injured or hurt, have your property damaged or have been put out to some large extent as a result of this bridge replacement. How is this work actually affecting you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

To get compensation you need to have been hard done by in some way, injured or hurt, have your property damaged or have been put out to some large extent as a result of this bridge replacement. How is this work actually affecting you?
    Preliminary work has knackered the <Caps Lock> and <Shift> keys on the poor divil's keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

in the next month they are ripping down an old railway bridge near to our house and replacing it with a concrete one.been told it's being knocked down with excavators with pneaumatic hammers etc.also told that the road will be closed up to 2 weeks what with resurfacing.is it possible to get any kind of compensation from them for the hassle and inconvenience that will be caused?been in touch with ir online and they say it's down to the works team and the engineer in charge says ir don't give compo more like don't give a toss!

Bridge will be replaced in less than 24 hours and road closed for 2 weeks to resurface, no way IE problem. Local council must have reasons for 2 week closure.

Roads works are part of life and if everybody asked for compensation for the "inconvenience" we would all be very rich people.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Roads works are part of life and if everybody asked for compensation for the "inconvenience" we would all be very rich people.
    Or very poor, from having to pay the costs of financing such compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Compo culture alive and well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

All aboard the compo gravy train.....

mikom wrote: »
    All aboard the compo gravy train.....

If that bridge ain't built, that gravy train ain't haulin'!

endacl wrote: »
    If that bridge ain't built, that gravy train ain't haulin'!

At this location in question the road goes over the line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

no need for a witchhunt, you'd all have concerns if it were you.

The Road closure will no doubt make allowances for local access Bugs, If the work affects you materially as Losty said, of course you'll be entitled to compo. Hopefully it won't affect you any more than the noise etc.

Don't forget to get the camera out!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

corktina wrote: »
    no need for a witchhunt, you'd all have concerns if it were you.

The Road closure will no doubt make allowances for local access Bugs, If the work affects you materially as Losty said, of course you'll be entitled to compo. Hopefully it won't affect you any more than the noise etc.

Don't forget to get the camera out!

cheers corky.was gonna remove the thread after the stupid replies about cap lock etc.if people think pheumatic hammers x2 going hell for leather all night long and causing horrendous noise(the contractors words)and the road closed for a possible 2 weeks with a lengthy diversion is totally acceptable then more fool them but as ya said I bet it'd be a different story if it was on their door step.will try and get pics particularly interested in the 350ton crane that's due and the rubble being moved by rail.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Which was there first? The house or the railway line.

the house as the line has been replaced ha 'kin' ha!!!

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Which was there first? The house or the railway line.

I don't see the relevance.

bugsntinas wrote: »
    cheers corky.was gonna remove the thread after the stupid replies about cap lock etc.if people think pheumatic hammers x2 going hell for leather all night long and causing horrendous noise(the contractors words)and the road closed for a possible 2 weeks with a lengthy diversion is totally acceptable then more fool them but as ya said I bet it'd be a different story if it was on their door step.will try and get pics particularly interested in the 350ton crane that's due and the rubble being moved by rail.

Sounds like it isn't fun but you haven't explained why you should be getting compensation for all of this.

Sounds like it isn't fun but you haven't explained why you should be getting compensation for all of this.

ok put it another way we are one of many many families that are struggling now.
    the extra diversion will add expense that we can't really afford.more likely than not we ain't gonna get much sleep during the demolition isn't that enough.
    i saw on the text yesterday that engineering work over ran near victoria station(i think) in london and the rail firms were encouraging travellers to clain compo and it was around 8000 people so why can't this country be a bit more helpful when they disrupt peoples lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

What would you prefer, the noise to stop or the money?

the extra diversion will add expense that we can't really afford.more likely than not we ain't gonna get much sleep during the demolition isn't that enough.
    i saw on the text yesterday that engineering work over ran near victoria station(i think) in london and the rail firms were encouraging travellers to clain compo and it was around 8000 people so why can't this country be a bit more helpful when they disrupt peoples lives?

It won't over run, its a bridge replacement and IE have carried out lots before. Has you asked local authorities why the roads may close for 2 weeks, I can't see IE having anything to do with the prolonged closure.

You are not a rail traveller so why would you claim compo, that's what was meant in London I expect. Rail companies may encourage it but they won't be paying it.

It's nowhere near close to enough. A few miles drive and disrupted sleep for a couple of nights is an inconvenience at best. Those living on the Luas lines won't get anything for their troubles and they had years of noise, trucks and road works to deal with. Why should you?

Thats for fare paying people who travel on the disrupted trains.

<CapsLock> still buggered? Tough break dude....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Double Oh Oh

Preliminary work has knackered the <Caps Lock> and <Shift> keys on the poor divil's keyboard.
    Get your grammar sorted out before you post. Lay easy on the old man, it's his thread, he can do what he wants.

• Advertisement

shouldn't Dude have a Capital?
    He only asked a question, why pillory him?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<CapsLock> still buggered? Tough break dude....
    OK folks, play nice.

ENOUGH UCKING CAPITALS FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i was asking a simple question not realising it would encourage the pricks to come out the wood work.ask the mod to remove or close the thread as i can't be arsed with the stupid replies but that obviously was too much to ask also.
    hopefully i'll get banned.i have an interest in trains and construction and thought this might have been a place to put pics when the work does start but ya know what i can't be arsed.why feed the arseholes on here.

IF THIS DOESN'T GET CLOSED WILL THE ARSEHOLES IN THE ROOM STAY QUIET!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ENOUGH UCKING CAPITALS FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i was asking a simple question not realising it would encourage the pricks to come out the wood work.ask the mod to remove or close the thread as i can't be arsed with the stupid replies but that obviously was too much to ask also.
    hopefully i'll get banned.i have an interest in trains and construction and thought this might have been a place to put pics when the work does start but ya know what i can't be arsed.why feed the arseholes on here.

IF THIS DOESN'T GET CLOSED WILL THE ARSEHOLES IN THE ROOM STAY QUIET!!

This post was traumatising for me.
    Can I get compensation?

ha ha ha oh sorry forgot my cap lock and punctuation
    Ha ha ha !
    Oh you are a divil sorry that's spelt wrong or is it according to Endacl personally I thought it was spelt dEvil,silly me.
    mikom if you're that traumatised then stop posting stupid posts and there won't be anything to worry about.

post what ya want now as i'll be unfollowing this now
    mods let me know when you've bother ya arse to remove this thread.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

ha ha ha oh sorry forgot my cap lock and punctuation
    Ha ha ha !
    Oh you are a divil sorry that's spelt wrong or is it according to Endacl personally I thought it was spelt dEvil,silly me.
    mikom if you're that traumatised then stop posting stupid posts and there won't be anything to worry about.

post what ya want now as i'll be unfollowing this now
    mods let me know when you've bother ya arse to remove this thread.

Read the charter and the C&T charter linked to it.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Presumably there are noise regulations for construction. Is IE fully exempted from them or do they have to get an OK from the relevant council and specify the hours they will be operating?

Advertisement