Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Sony K750i

Options
  • 27-10-2014 11:52pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok so this is an old phone problem (!) but I have had my brick for 7 years now (or 8? I can't remember!) and it has never let me down. But this evening it has started flashing white when I turn it on. :( I was on the phone at the time and it just hung up and started flashing :( I have all my numbers and old messages and pics on it etc. so I am hoping there's some way to fix it? All the links to fixing it from googling the problem take me to the current sony website.

I know it's a way outside chance but does anyone know what I can do to fix it? Or if it is fixed?

Gadetra the desperate optimist :o

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hmmmm...it could be anything really. First thing I would do, is remove the battery, hold down the power button for 5 seconds with the battery out. Then put it back together and charge it up and try again.

I would think your chances of getting it back are slim. It could be a connection gone, memory/cpu/board issue etc. They were a fantastic device, great in their day, and awesome to think one lasted that long!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Aww I was afraid someone was going to say that :( Just tried what you suggested there and no go, it is still flashing white.

I suppose i never thought it would die :o It's been going for so long. He has survived numerous phone killing incidents over the years, I suppose it's time. *sniff*

It's probably not worth sending him anywhere? Would anywhere out there now fix him? I read online about a programme called DaVinci but it doesn't exist anymore.

Aww :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You'll get some numbers from you're phone bill. Perhaps some stuff is on the memory card?

A quick google suggests the problem is on the motherboard but only effects the display. Have you tried connecting it to a PC with the right software?

http://www.expansys.ie/ft.aspx?k=94481
    http://www.u2ugsm.com/blog/lcd-ic-location-in-sony-ericsson-k750i-problem-solution/

Yeah I seen that beauf thanks but the woton thing and the davinci thing they say to use to fix it don't exist anymore :(
    I will bring the second link to a techie friend of mine and see if he (the phone) can be saved. It's silly really it's just a phone but I love how it works (!) and I've had him for aaages now. I thought I'd retire him gracefully when I could afford a smart phone. Alas not.

The second sony in the title of the thread is annoying sorry about that just spotted it there.

I meant the PC Suite 2.0.60 (for Windows 2000) or Sony Ericsson PC Suite 2.10.38 (for Windows Vista/XP). I expect the davinci is some sort of firmware utility. I would doubt that would fix the problem.

You can still buy the K750i/SE810i/K800i on adverts sometimes for very little. Handy backup phone except for the Sony Connector and Sony Memory card.

• Advertisement

Ah ok. I also seen those links but *stupid question alert* I have a mac so it probably won't work? (I am not the most techie person :o) I have the box and packaging I'll have a rummage and see if there was a cd with him or something. He's flashing away beside me. I'm going to run the battery down and see if plugging him into charge after would make him work?

Yeah I have seen ones on ebay too. It's more the stuff and messages that are on him. AH well, it can't last forever.

*I really wish it would though* :o:o

No probably not work with a mac.

Damn. I will try ring sony in the morning. I suspect they may not even have heard of the phone now!

Advertisement