Applying for the national social work panel - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-12-2012, 22:51   #16
marber1978

Best of luck to you too.. Cp can be so hard, especially after that length of time, hope it all works out x
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-01-2013, 21:58   #17
super hands

Hi guys, just had a quick read over this thread, I have recently graduated as a social care worker and have been applying for positions, I currently have a job as a care staff and am very worried about getting a new job but have to move on as I spent 3 year's studying and don't want it to goto waste, I have an interview coming up but on the email it says permanent social care worker (panel basis) can anyone shed light on what panel basis is? I'm just very worried about leaving a safe job for something that may not be so SAFE!

Hope O.P has got sorted out with a job.

Last edited by super hands; 08-01-2013 at 22:03.
16-01-2013, 18:54   #18
bisset

Regarding Social care workers. I would advise anyone offered a job from HSE not to hand in their notice until they have signed and returned a contract and got a starting date. I believe a few people were caught out about a year or so ago when the HSE ran out of money after offering people jobs
09-05-2013, 21:41   #19
Bonnie88

Hi did anyone hear apply for the panel and get through the video interview?

im in band A and would like to know if that means your on the panel and the interview is to assign a number on the panel or you are still not on the panel....what does band b mean?

Any help would be appreciated xxx
10-05-2013, 17:09   #20
Gearoil

The way I understand it is that those in band a will be called for interview first and so be offered positions in the area and locations of choice befor these in band b .
I have to say that I was very concerned with how the whoe process has worked and have huge questions about how they reached the decisions. I got band a also, but do not think it has been at all fair way of judging someone's knowledge and there appears to be very little information around on what they have based their criteria on.? I really hope they do not use this system as it is so unfair. I hold out very little hope as to hearing anything soon re the issues I know have been raised about it
Advertisement
04-06-2013, 14:49   #21
lbouyle48

Did any one hav face to face interview yet??good luck
12-06-2013, 14:47   #22
joemooney81

Hi all, I did my face to face interview last week, just received my results letter today but not sure how well I did or what to expect, if anything, now!!

Anyone any idea how many are on existing panels or how many new panel entrants after recent face to face interviews??

Don't know whether to be delighted or annoyed!
12-06-2013, 15:50   #23
Lady1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemooney81 View Post
Hi all, I did my face to face interview last week, just received my results letter today but not sure how well I did or what to expect, if anything, now!!

Anyone any idea how many are on existing panels or how many new panel entrants after recent face to face interviews??

Don't know whether to be delighted or annoyed!
Firstly you did really well to get on panel well done! It depends on area... Areas in Dublin would have a higher number on panel so for example if you got position 20 on a Dublin area panel it would be simular to being number 5 on country panel. So it's hard to tell how long it will take unless you know how many posts are needed in the area you chose. I doubt there is many left in previous panel as I know in some areas that there are no one available on existing panel to take post. Maybe call manorhamilton tomorrow or email them. It may take a few months on some areas for jobs to be out out but busier areas will possibly be offering in next few weeks ...

I don't know how helpful that is and I know it's nerve wracking waiting and not knowing
Thanks from:
12-06-2013, 16:00   #24
Lady1984

There is another forum on this which people are actively discussing panel interviews ect it's titled "social work panel 2013" have a look
Advertisement
21-03-2014, 08:35   #25
Roberta88

I know this may sound a bit stupid but does anyone have an opinion or idea of when the panel could open up next I'm doing my masters in social work and will hopefully finish in April 2015. I'm praying the panel opens as I don't really want to move to the uk for work anyone shed some light on this?
21-03-2014, 08:43   #26
Lady1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta88 View Post
I know this may sound a bit stupid but does anyone have an opinion or idea of when the panel could open up next I'm doing my masters in social work and will hopefully finish in April 2015. I'm praying the panel opens as I don't really want to move to the uk for work anyone shed some light on this?
They usually recruit every 2 years so there should be one the year you graduate. 😄
21-03-2014, 08:56   #27
Roberta88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady1984 View Post
They usually recruit every 2 years so there should be one the year you graduate. 😄
Aw brill thanks so much I thought it was every 3 or 4 years don't feel so crap about it now
22-03-2014, 19:51   #28
bisset

Gordan Jeyes is promoting the idea of a one year contract on lower pay for new social workers with no guarantee of a permanent job. I would have thought that the colleges would keep students informed of this. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/socia...ease-1.1672805
22-03-2014, 20:55   #29
Roberta88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisset View Post
Gordan Jeyes is promoting the idea of a one year contract on lower pay for new social workers with no guarantee of a permanent job. I would have thought that the colleges would keep students informed of this. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/socia...ease-1.1672805
Well I've heard from inside sources that one it hasn't been approved and two more than likely it won't be approved
26-03-2014, 18:15   #30
bisset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisset

Well I've heard from inside sources that one it hasn't been approved and two more than likely it won't be approved

I think most people in the profession would be hoping that it does not go through but I would be worried that it will be established in some way. From what I've heard Child and Family senior staff would like to go back to local recruitment and they may be better able to do this now that it is a separate agency.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion