Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wader adjustment/repair

Options
  • 07-03-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Just a quick heads up about a recent experience of mine regarding Waders. I'm a tall and large gent which isn't a problem, but I have got size 16 feet, which is :rolleyes: Stocking foot waders don't go up as far as this. Conversely, my wife, who also fly fishes, had feet which are much smaller then the socks on waders which fit her.

Thankfully Dave and Des in Southside Angling were able to point me at the website of a gent in Aberdeen called Dave (http://sites.google.com/site/wadersrepairs/) who does alterations, lengthening/shortening, and seam sealing on waders. I've found the price charged very reasonable (not much more then the postage to him) and I haven't had any issues as of yet in any case with the work he performed. If something does arise I'll be certain to post here but I thought I'd pass along the good word regarding this service early in the season rather then late.

Advertisement