Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Wall Monkstown

Options
  • 10-11-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've heard a rumour that the are cod in. Has anybody been down there is it true?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Monkstown, Cork, not been there, but yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

in fact youre about a month late.. jumping out of the water and into peoples freezers they were. slowed a bit now but still some about

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

What were they being caught on?
    mawk wrote: »
    in fact youre about a month late.. jumping out of the water and into peoples freezers they were. slowed a bit now but still some about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Everything, I had them on frozen peeler razor, and herring. Others had them on lug and mack. I actually caught a decent sized one on a berkley gulp imitation crab lashed to a 2/0 just to test their"superior scent" claim.
    That surprised me petty hard actually..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 saltyhook13

hey koro..yes they are still there!! low tide fishes best,baiting crab lug or rag tipped with squid..landed a coupla nice ones there last november,but the last few nights i have been in the deep sea pier in cobh and they seem to be biting there more now on just squid alone!! they f**king love it..landed a nice conger last night too...on the low..not much happening on the high during the day...check it out...
    happy days...

• Advertisement
Advertisement