Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Soundbar 150 euro

Options
  • 16-11-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the soundbar that Aldi are selling from today?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_11074.htm

Product_detail_Wk46S20.jpg

There isn't much detail on the site itself and I can't find any more info on the web about it. What's the sound quality and connections like on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i have seen them in sound stores overseas, to my untrained ear they sound pretty good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Any other opinion please?....sound quality?, does it have HDMI or TOSLink?
    Really not sure if this is a bargin, you get get a Samsung or Philips with alot more connections for €229-249.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Any other opinion please?....sound quality?, does it have HDMI or TOSLink?
    Really not sure if this is a bargin, you get get a Samsung or Philips with alot more connections for €229-249.

Going by the link it doesn't have an optical input

http://www.oxxdigital.com/en/product.aspx?pid=137#fragment-2

I went and saw it today, CRAPPY analogue inputs, as in phono socket L/R channel....NOTHING ELSE.
    The unit is HUGE, it weights a TON.....it took two of us to lift it up!

No way woth 150 squid, 70-80...maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

its 70 now in my local aldi!

any of ye buy it? any good?

^ what store is that for 70 quid?...at that price i might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I was debating getting this too..

It is €69 in the Killarney Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i got one in waterford today for €70, haven't tried it yet

^ do let us know, sound wise...i know it's subjective.

• Advertisement

3 available in aldi grange

its alright for €70 but i wouldn't pay €150 for it. it is handy for connecting your ipod to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

mailrewop wrote: »
    its alright for €70 but i wouldn't pay €150 for it. it is handy for connecting your ipod to it.

I bought one for 70.
    Sound is good, but id have liked a little more bass - very good clear volume.
    It is only a sterio input and is only a sterio speakers now unlike the 350 euros philips soundbars which claim to be full 5.1.

Radio is just ok on the supplied antanae (long bit of wire). Very slight hiss on some stations. I going to connect it to the NTL - havent done this as it requires a convertor (its a male type socket - and ntl cable is male also).

Its very very heavy and well built - looks good and the IPhone sounds very good in it.

Im going to mount it on the wall and use it for Radio, IPhone/Ipod and ocasional projector use.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 40 summer

Hi Guys, anyone know will it charge the Ipod ?

it charges the ipod ya

• Registered Users Posts: 40 summer

Many thanks ShevY, for your swift reply.

Any buzzing or hissing from the speakers?...like when not playing music/audio?...clear sign of cheapo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Any buzzing or hissing from the speakers?...like when not playing music/audio?...clear sign of cheapo stuff.

When in IPOD mode with no ipod connected or no iphone playing - no buzzing to be heard.
    Havent tried connecting it up as as external amp yet.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Glassmestersild

I just bought the Soundbar today (Wed) at Aldi's in Galway for €70. Cashier told me that it had been drastically reduced for clearance. The store apparently forgot to place the product in their advert flyer so nobody knew anything about it. The specs look pretty good and I like it that you can rig it up to your TV system. Haven't tried it yet so I hope it'll be OK.

I just bought the Soundbar today (Wed) at Aldi's in Galway for €70. Cashier told me that it had been drastically reduced for clearance. The store apparently forgot to place the product in their advert flyer so nobody knew anything about it. The specs look pretty good and I like it that you can rig it up to your TV system. Haven't tried it yet so I hope it'll be OK.

its been €70 since before christmas, thats what i got it for

• Advertisement
Advertisement