Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is more dangerous ?

Options
  • 11-06-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Is one worse than the other ?

Vote 20 votes

Cager using a mobile phone
    0%
    Cager twice the legal limit of alcohol
    40%
    seanybikerjimblingMikeC101smellslikeshoesDirk GentlyLuckycharmODD-JOBDaz R1 8 votes
    Both as bad as each other
    60%
    omb0wyn5ehpij9Tiggerpaulieeyem83Dayo93QuintThe Sheriffkhi_im_filDutch_DruidLobsterCharlieCrokermr chips 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The driver who has been drinking....definately imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I heard txting while driving is 4 times more likely to cause an accident than drink driving. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

The real question is why the fvck have you posted this in the motorbikes forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

You left out;

Old cager late for mass
    Cager doing her school run
    Cager doing her make-up....
    etc. etc.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Texting is the new drunk driving!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

us bikers can drink drive aswell ye know. Hates this bikers against cars stuff. Anybody can be an arse on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

seanybiker wrote: »
    us bikers can drink drive aswell ye know. Hates this bikers against cars stuff. Anybody can be an arse on the road

Agreed completely,

and I'd ad option (d) above to state "yourself for not noticing the driver acting erratically or inappropriately and taking avoiding action"

in which case the answer remains (c) all of the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I'll move it to Motors if the OP wants, maybe after you've all voted? Might be educational.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What's a cager?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

nipplenuts wrote: »
    What's a cager?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

nipplenuts wrote: »
    What's a cager?

Someone who drives a car. they have to get inside it so, they are inside a cage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

hobochris wrote: »
    Someone who drives a car. they have to get inside it so, they are inside a cage.

I think you might have missed the joke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Am I the only motorcyclist that refuses to use the ridiculous term "cager"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Quint wrote: »
    no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

mobile phone is way more dangerous if you ask me.
    You said twice the legal limit. That's two pints right?
    Chatting on a mobile is definitely more dangerous than driving after two pints.

Texting is a whole other ball game.... that and changing music on an ipod.... crazy to attempt while driving unless your pretty much stopped in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    no
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i have both a car and a bike:eek:

sometimes i get very confused:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

You're not paranoid, they really are all trying to kill you...

Your poll is ill-conceived - a diesel spill on the exit of a wet roundabout will get you before some twonk texting his biotch does; I have yet to let another motorist get close enough to do me harm. Ride like your life depends on it.

'cptr (accident free since 1986 when six pints of cider knocked me off my bike...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'd be more worried about gob****es on the phone than drink drivers, just because of how many I see on the phone. I was nearly hit by a mini bus driver talking on one there about 3 weeks back, was on the way home and was about 75 meters or so from the house so was going slow when the nutter comes flying round the corner in the middle of the road. It was obvious he was going too fast, if I had of just braked and hoped for the best he would have hit me without a doubt.

There was literally no tarmac on my side for me to drive on so had to go onto the side and hope I didn't come off. I literally had a bike width between the side of the bus and a wall, ****er continued on without even slowing down, if it had been someone who didn't know the spot it would have been a serious accident but luckily its so close to me that I knew I could scrape through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Becuse I drive a motorbike ! and I like to read here and not the car section.

The reason I asked was because I had almost got driven completely off the road by a woman in a Black BMW , who thought it would be fine to dial away whilst pulling out onto a busy road.
    She didnt even know what she had done , just blindly driving off in total ignorance. I re-joined the road behind her , and she's still on the mobile.
    I just thought at that point that i would like to post this poll.

p.s. - I dont actually like the word "cager" either ! but used it just for convenience , as a biker is hardly likely to be on his phone whilst driving. Of course thats debatable too!

And.... I think it is way more likely to get Knocked down by a phone user than to slip on diesal at a roundabout !

Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I hate the word "cager". Ah dont get me started on bikers and "cagers".

Angry seany.
    Im not a biker or a cager. Im just someone who happens to ride a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I hate the word "cager". Ah dont get me started on bikers and "cagers".

Angry seany.
    Im not a biker or a cager. Im just someone who happens to ride a bike.

I drive both. So am I a bikager?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I drive both. So am I a bikager?

No, you're a caker. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

No, you're a caker. :D

Oh I'm definitely a caker alright....

delicious-cake.jpg

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 13 navigatoroneill

Quint wrote: »

No, its a stupid term.

Anyway its easy for us to ID the phone user at a glance but how do we ID someone who's over the limit? Since we can't, how do we make an educated poll?

Advertisement