Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback Appreciated

Options
  • 11-05-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'd appreciate any feedback on the site..

www.perfectprints.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ithorizon

1.Poor color palette used. Only white and blue with purple logo.
    2.Those 3 images on home page aren't sharp. Their size is resized by the browser, so they look blurry.
    3.Latest blog post is bugged.( and latest post has like 6 months)
    4.Website is not mobile friendly.
    Overall the layout looks like designed 5 years ago.
    However it's fast. That's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

ithorizon wrote: »
    1.Poor color palette used. Only white and blue with purple logo.
    2.Those 3 images on home page aren't sharp. Their size is resized by the browser, so they look blurry.
    3.Latest blog post is bugged.( and latest post has like 6 months)
    4.Website is not mobile friendly.
    Overall the layout looks like designed 5 years ago.
    However it's fast. That's good.

thanks..
    in point 3, I don't understand "bugged"

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ithorizon

The list of the post is very long...Is this they way it should look alike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's a lot that you need to do to improve your website and get it up to scratch.
    • Sites really need to be Responsively Designed for various devices and resolutions.
    • The graphics need to be better quality and impactful in demonstrating the quality of work your output. Compare to The Canvas Works which has much better treatment.
    • The logo would be better if ruthlessly simplified.
    • You could be using much more Social Media, especially integrating Google+/My Business/Maps properly with your web presence which Google loves and often rewards with a 7pack entry (the listings high on the search results page linked to the location map on the right with map pins for up to 7 local businesses. There's 3 in that space for my results so there's 4 available which you have a good opportunity of getting into). What's currently in use could be better and more consistently executed.
    • Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools could be used for site performance.
    • SEO is poor with almost no meta tags and you are using display: none to hide a h1 which is not a good idea and risks a penalty - don't do that. I reckon there's plenty of potential for improving your rank in this area up from #15 which is where it comes in for me for 'canvas printing' and at #18 for 'canvas photo printing'.
    • Some email addresses are not linked as mailtos and telephone numbers are not using the tel protocol which enables click and dial on devices with such capabilities.
    • Typefacing/typography could also be improved.
    • Some copy/content on 'How It Works' would be a good idea too and more explanation of some terms eg. gsm, A1, A2 which many customers won't have a clue about. Also, more prominent size info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Thanks..
    Both your feedbacks gives me plenty to work on to tide me over until such time I can employee professional help..

• Advertisement
Advertisement