Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal blog review

Options
  • 06-04-2015 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi my name is Eoin i just setup a personal technology blog yesterday i would welcome any comments and a review of my website. I'm using wordpress CMS but the theme is from scratch.Please keep in mind i'm not a web developer.

Thanks for your time.

http://sudozen.org/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

You need a responsive menu for smaller devices. Your current menu doesn't scale and things overlap.

I find the text a bit too wide. Maybe you could introduce 2 columns.

Other than that, it's very clean and minimal, which I always appreciate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

You need a responsive menu for smaller devices. Your current menu doesn't scale and things overlap.

I find the text a bit too wide. Maybe you could introduce 2 columns.

Other than that, it's very clean and minimal, which I always appreciate.

You're right i tried it on my phone and the sites all messed up unfortunately i don't really have the skill to fix this. Better start learning javascript.The two column layout is something i never even thought of but it would look much nicer. Thanks for your review.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are thousands of Wordpress themes you could use that are responsive ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Blacknight wrote: »
    There are thousands of Wordpress themes you could use that are responsive ..

I'm working on a new bootstrap theme using anchor CMS it's more simple. Does blacknight shared hosting have PHP-GD Support?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Does blacknight shared hosting have PHP-GD Support?
    I *think* it does - if you grab one of the team on livechat or open a support ticket they'll be able to confirm
    You can also check what is available on a server using the phpinfo command eg.
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

• Advertisement
Advertisement