Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price check lads...

Options
  • 16-06-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

99 CB400 Super 4 vtec in good condition with 25,000 on the clock for 2500eur.

what ya think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

paulieeye wrote: »
    99 CB400 Super 4 vtec in good condition with 25,000 on the clock for 2500eur.

what ya think?

whats the catch??

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

why u ask? this too good a price? I'm thinkin a buyin btw not selling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Dealer or private? Dealer - its €300 over price, private its €700 over. A VFR800 with similar miles can be had for less than €2500 right now. The CB400 VTEC was never sold directly here so all of them are imports with missing history - how badly do you want it?

'cptr

Its private but its a trade deal. He's taking my 01' Dragstar250 with 17000 on clock at 1400eur, I take his for 2500eur. so 1100 in the difference. Its much better bike than the dragstar.

U priced the CB at 1800, would you go along with that with the Dragstar goin for 1400?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Its private but its a trade deal. He's taking my 01' Dragstar250 with 17000 on clock at 1400eur, I take his for 2500eur. so 1100 in the difference. Its much better bike than the dragstar.

U priced the CB at 1800, would you go along with that with the Dragstar goin for 1400?

Oh i thought that was a good price???

• Advertisement

There is two years in the difference between those bikes with the Dragstar much easier to sell on. If the bikes are similar in condition then I'd be offering €600 with yours and haggling hard. Concede up to €675 or €700 if you really want the bike, but not €1100.

You could spend €3 on a Donedeal.ie ad and put your bike in at €1650 and see what happens. Dragstar is a popular starter bike and although the market is slowed there will always be demand for decent cheap first bikes.

'cptr

Oh i thought that was a good price???

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, my money tree died recently so I'm fighting for every euro...

'cptr

There is two years in the difference between those bikes with the Dragstar much easier to sell on. If the bikes are similar in condition then I'd be offering €600 with yours and haggling hard. Concede up to €675 or €700 if you really want the bike, but not €1100.

You could spend €3 on a Donedeal.ie ad and put your bike in at €1650 and see what happens. Dragstar is a popular starter bike and although the market is slowed there will always be demand for decent cheap first bikes.

'cptr

Cheers cptr. Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Would love a go of one of them. 400 with v-tech could be fun.

One of me mates is selling his 98 VFR 800 for 2000. Shop around unless thats the bike you have your heart on.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Would love a go of one of them. 400 with v-tech could be fun.

One of me mates is selling his 98 VFR 800 for 2000. Shop around unless thats the bike you have your heart on.

took her out for a good long spin already, she opens up at about 6000rpm and just takes off :eek:. the noise is unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

oh ya bought it and all. Nice one. Will she wheely :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

took her out for a good long spin already, she opens up at about 6000rpm and just takes off :eek:. the noise is unreal!

Yeah I've the same bike, it just goes along until it hits 6000rpm and then takes off like fvck! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yeah I've the same bike, it just goes along until it hits 6000rpm and then takes off like fvck! :pac:
    Will you let me have a go??

Will you let me have a go??

Gonna give me a go of your R1? :pac:

Gonna give me a go of your R1? :pac:
    Of course! (Seen as I don't have an R1) :pac:

Of course! (Seen as I don't have an R1) :pac:

Ah balls, R6?

Ah balls, R6?
    Fireblade!!! :rolleyes:

bah

seanybiker wrote: »
    oh ya bought it and all. Nice one. Will she wheely :p

havent bought it yet, took it on a test run tho. Defo get a wheely out of her!

KamiKazi, how long u got urs?? how u find it?

Have it about two weeks now, got it off the buy&sell

• Advertisement

Have it about two weeks now, got it off the buy&sell

job. anything good/bad to report?

Not really. Needed a new battery but hasn't really stepped a foot wrong since. Honda's usually have impeccable reliability anyway, especially if the bike has been looked after.

Not a whole lot of low-end torque when she's cold, but after it warms up its perfect! Then once you hit 6k rpm - zoom zoom zoom! :D

Advertisement