Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance costs?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Was thinking of insuring myself on my 110cc motorbike, and was just wondering what the rate would be for it...
    Im 20 yrs old, just got my full car licence and only need it to drive to college durin the week, which is about a half hour walk but 5mins in a car or m.bike.

Anybody got any ideas or at least some sorta price range that i could be lookin at?
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

howya man, i'm thinking about it myself at the minute.you can get an online quote off quinn direct's website. hope this helps

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Moved to Motorbikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

You would need a bike licence for a 110cc bike.
    You would have to do your theory test for an A or A1 licence - I recomend doing the A. That way you could do the full test on a big bike, and later you could ride big bikes if you want.

Get a quote of Quinne's website as recomended above, this will give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm driving a 125cc Varadero, cost me €800 odd to insure for the past year. My renewal quote is for €540 odd and I'm still on a provisional.

Advertisement