Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair car scratches

Options
  • 25-01-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get some deep scratches fixed on my car.I've an 03 punto which I'm hoping to sell but last week some ass scratched it in the crescent shopping centre. Damage is on the front body coloured bumper but it is not really that bad

Any ideas on what it would cost, basically 3/4 3 inch lond deepish marks someone did with a nail or screwdriver I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

You could try yourself.

Get some touch-up the same colour (obviously) and apply one coat at a time, leaving time for the coats to set in between. When slightly proud of the surface sand back down with the finest wet and dry and then give a coat of clear.

Or something like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

ever see the halfords ad before Top Gear on Dave?
    Takes 5 seconds.. a quick buff with a buffer and a spray.. Im sure its a realistic time, its on TV :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

sure I have, but I will only make it worse if I do that. Lets just say I'm not very good with my hands

Advertisement