Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online prints

Options
  • 13-04-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have never bought any prints before, never mind online. I know there are a load of sites like allposters/ art.com etc etc - but how well are these places received?

I know I probably shouldn't be buying any artwork based on price - but it is a factor for me - would there be similar choice/ available locally in Ireland?

Would framing be as competitively priced, or would I expect to pay significantly more locally (and if so would it be justified? i.e. are the online sites poorer quality etc?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xoemzox

What type of print is it you're looking to buy?
    Like, a print by a well known artist... Or a print of a picture you have?

Also, what type of framing is it you're looking for?
    Would it be something expensive looking and professional, or are you basing your decision more on the cost and wanting a standard plain frame?

I might be able to help when I know what it is you're looking for exactly :)
    There are cheaper and more expensive options both online and in retail stores, depending on what it is you're wanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Hi,

I was looking at something 'standard' like this from Basquiat:
    http://eu.art.com/products/p15084736775-sa-i6876277/jean-michel-basquiat-tenor-1985.htm?ui=EC15B81EAC74407FA5D5D0E2D2D933DE&IID=9BC9F3D288DF4833BD00A7F557ED8367&PODConfigID=4986846 76cm Sq

I am not sure about the framing tbh - thats why so many questions and concerns.
    I would say a fairly standard frame would be fine - I am looking at bolder prints and would want the print itself to stand out. But I don't know if frames on sites such as that are of quality compared to what I may find locally (however as much as I would like to buy locally, I wouldn't be sure of the cost - I wouldn't want to pay double the price for example!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xoemzox

Oooh nice choice! So it's something quite bold.
    Looks like your best choice would be a standard plain frame so you don't take focus away from the gorgeous print!

To be honest, I'm a big fan of frames from The Range. They have really cheap options, but don't break or look like they're made of plastic. I think a simple black frame would look nice... And as long as it isn't plastic it would look well presented. I think The Range stock some decent black frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

You should take a look at what IKEA have also.. cheap and cheerful if that is what you are looking for. Otherwise, if you wish to have one made - I recommend 360dpi print near Dun Laoghaire. They will make up one to suit and are very helpful.

Advertisement