Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto upload of webpages from PC to website

Options
  • 25-05-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Guys,

I am a total newbie when it comes to website stuff, so I will explain this as simply as possible. I need to automatically upload webpages from my PC to a website. I can acces the website as a folder from my browser, its address is in the form -

ftp://homepage.telecom.net/public

So, I have a folder with the files to be uploaded and a folder with the above address sitting side-by-side on my desktop and can transfer the files by dragging and dropping - how do I automatically do the file upload?

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Why do you want an automatic upload?
    I think that you are better off not doing this because some day you'll make a mistake and end up overwriting a good copy of the file.

If you don't have auto upload you can test your local changes before changing your live site.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

daymobrew wrote: »
    Why do you want an automatic upload?
    I think that you are better off not doing this because some day you'll make a mistake and end up overwriting a good copy of the file.

If you don't have auto upload you can test your local changes before changing your live site.

All I'm really doing is condensing and reformatting data, so the auto- upload is how I would like to proceed.

All I'm really doing is condensing and reformatting data, so the auto- upload is how I would like to proceed.
    Ok. I don't know of any such app but you might find one for auto ftp on download.com.

WinSCP can be automated. It is a free app.
    So, it wouldn't be auto upload but you could write a batch script (.cmd file) and double click it to upload your files.

Actually, it might have a sort of auto update feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

You can set the interval or setup ftp folder sync so whenever you change the content on the local machine it will upload the new version to the server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

CCSL wrote: »
    You can set the interval or setup ftp folder sync so whenever you change the content on the local machine it will upload the new version to the server.

Thanks, this worked - though it only works on the Pro version, the Home version does not have the sync feature.

Advertisement