Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup v Super 14

Options
  • 09-06-2007 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I’m sure this idea has floated before and I’m sure there’s a straight forward answer to why it hasn’t happened, but I was wondering why the winner of the Heineken Cup and the winner of Super 14 don’t battle it out for an ultimate final...

Anyone any ideas, has this been suggested before and if so why as it not gone ahead...

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Fixture congestion

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

It would prob turn out like the International rules series.....no1 will bother to put any proper punishments in place and it would just turn out for a free for all.
    Heineken cup team would obv win :p (we wish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

electric69 wrote:
    It would prob turn out like the International rules series.....no1 will bother to put any proper punishments in place and it would just turn out for a free for all.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

As in the same lark at the international rules might go on where by players do things they really shouldnt do as they wont be seriously punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well you can' really compare two sports that never used to play internationally to one which is continously played internationally at a club and country level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

The IRB discussed a world provincial championship earlier this year don'tknow what came of it. The problem is fitting it within the calender. They do it in rugby league but I know the Aussie teams have tended to see it as a bit of a free trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

damnyanks wrote:
    As in the same lark at the international rules might go on where by players do things they really shouldnt do as they wont be seriously punished.

I know that, but i dont get why he thinks it would turn into one big scrap.

Firstly the IRB would still be able to dish out punishments. Also, rugby is one of the most disciplined sports in the world, the players wouldnt be interested in purely doing it for a scrap and the refs wouldnt allow it either.

GAA players are a bunch of ill-disciplined savages, but i suppose when you never get properly punished for acting the chav you can kinda see why they act that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Stool Pigeon

GAA players are a bunch of ill-disciplined savages... acting the chav

LOL... oh you'll hear it, for that one! Kind of a contradiction though isn't it... calling a GAA head a chav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

damnyanks wrote:

This is not true. Only reason punishments can't be handed out in the international rules is that there is no international body to govern it. This is not an issue in rugby with the IRB in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

GAA players are a bunch of ill-disciplined savages, but i suppose when you never get properly punished for acting the chav you can kinda see why they act that way.
    Nice one :rolleyes: yawn, your some gobshíte with that remark. Anyway back on topic I seem to think Bath played Auckland (or Wellington) some years back in a live game on Sky and got hammered by 50 odd points they billed it as an unofficial rugby world club championship between the hydrogen cup winners and the super 12 winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

patmac wrote:
    Nice one :rolleyes: yawn, your some gobshíte with that remark. Anyway back on topic I seem to think Bath played Auckland (or Wellington) some years back in a live game on Sky and got hammered by 50 odd points they billed it as an unofficial rugby world club championship between the hydrogen cup winners and the super 12 winners.

banned for personal abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Maybe chucky tree should be banned for abusing GAA players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

finbarrk wrote:
    Maybe chucky tree should be banned for abusing GAA players.
    not personal abuse. Anyway, this is not the place to discuss this. if you have an issue, go to feedback. back on topic or there will be bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm not too sure that idea of HC v S14 champions is possible yet.

I think that we should reintroduce the interpros though.
    Say have a match between the Interpro winners and the winners of the Anglo-Welsh cup could be interesting

Advertisement