Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Power to 2004 Almera Radio/CD Player

Options
  • 24-05-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone may have heard of a similar problem which I’m currently having with the radio/CD player in my 2004 Almera.

A few weeks ago the radio and CD player stopped turning on for me. When I press the radio button, CD player button or the eject button, nothing happens. I can’t even eject the CD that is in it!

The car is a hatchback Almera with the standard Nissan radio and air con panel and screen. Similar to what is shown in this picture:
    http://www.motormundo.com.co/files/images/2008-nissan-almera-sedan-interior.preview.jpg

Everything else is working ok. The air con is fine and the info display screen is working no problem. But anything to do with the radio or CD player will not turn on.

I’ve checked all the fuses and none are gone.

Has anyone come across a similar issue before with the Nissan radios? I’m hoping that it’s maybe a common issue with a straight forward fix?!

Or could anyone recommend somewhere to get this checked out without costing too much? I’d like to at least just find out what the problem is and get an estimate to fix it.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 djmono

im having the same problem, did you find out what it is?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Billy Davey

Sort of got it sorted but not fully. When I looked at the fuse it wasn't actually gone, but for some reason simply removing the fuse and replacing it managed to restore power to the radio/stereo i.e. I could turn it on again and eject CDs etc.

But the radio isn't quite working correctly. Sometimes it's fine but then all of a sudden the audio stops. The radio is on and is tuned to a frequency, but it is not actually picking up and playing the audio. This happens on and off, quite regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paddyboyfoy

I'm having same problem, can you tell me which fuse you changed and exactly where it is.

Advertisement