Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Original UK car exporting back to the UK?

Options
  • 26-01-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

I have a friend coming over from the UK soon to buy a car from one of my friends here who has a car which he imported from the UK several years ago.

WHat steps are required to have it registered in the UK again? Does it have to have a new NCT, or is whatever time is left sufficient? Does it then have to pass an MOT in the UK?

Any idea on how long this whole process would take and the costs involved?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Thanks Colm, there is no mention if there are any shortcuts because it was originally a UK car.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

I think you can reclaim some of the VRT when exporting a vehicle now, you need Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

I hope it's easier than the other way around, I'm currently in the process of trying to register a car thats on northern plates in the Republic that was previously registered In the Republic and I'm getting no answers from anyone, vrt office, tax office, revenue office all clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you trying to not pay vrt puddinboxxx?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Wheelnut wrote: »
    I think you can reclaim some of the VRT when exporting a vehicle now, you need Google.

I know about the VRT rebate scheme, however thats for cars over 2k, the car he is looking at isnt worth much at all, but he is pretty much getting it for nothing in exchange for doing some work. So thats why he wants to know.

Advertisement