Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda CR-V Recall

Options
  • 04-01-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Received an Important Safety Recall letter from Honda this morning asking me to bring my car (2002 2.0 i-Vtec petrol model) to a Honda Dealer to have the drivers side power window switch checked and replaced if necessary. Seems there may be an issue with water leaking through some seals which effects the switch:
    It may result in failure of the switch and overheating. An overheating switch may cause smoke or melting or, in extreme cases, fire.

Anyone else get one of these ? Has anyone heard of this actually happening ?

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

What year and model is your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

What years does it affect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Apologies, would help wouldn't it !
    . . . safety defect may exist in some 2002 to 2006 model year CRV vehicles

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Same recall was done in the Jazz.

Risk of fire is not even worth thinking about. Some of these recalls are ridiculous (others like runaway Prius', not so much).

ZENER wrote: »
    Apologies, would help wouldn't it !

Ken

Crap.......that's the year range i am considering buying.

• Advertisement

Why would it put you off? Seriously, the chances are ridiculously small and all it takes is a quick stop at a dealers to have it sorted out. On my old Jazz it was a 30 min job.

We owned a 2005 CRV as well and it was a great machine. I wouldnt let a switch recall put you off.

Doesn't put me off at all tbh. Just slightly disappoints.....very slightly.

Look at things like JD power, What car surveys for reliability, not over-cautious japanese recalls. If this is the worst thing that goes wrong with them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Cheers zener, I'll pass this info onto someone I know that has that model CRV. He did get a recall notice last year, something electrical again but you take the kinda stuff they are fixing for granted from some Euro makes. Maybe it was that, just they have identified the issue in other production runs now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

My opinion on it is kudos to Honda for doing the right thing and putting out the recall ! Wouldn't have put me off buying the car, it's a great drive and very solid.

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Had my recall notice on my 2005 crv in November 2012 for the window switch. Phoned dealers up and booked it in and job was done in less than 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes. That happened over a year ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement