Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

17" Tyres for Accord. Kumho or Falken or ??

• 23-05-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for a set of tyres for a Honda Accord 2.2 cdti (225/45 R17).
    I'm on a bit of a budget and was hoping for opinions on the tyres below.

Falken ZE912
    Kumho KH31
    Kumho KU39

I've had Falken FK451 and Kumho KU31 on a 3 Series in the past and was happy with them but the wear was high enough, although it was driven a little harder than the Accord. I am currently running Toyo Proxes T1R on the Accord and the wear is OK, nothing special considering the driving style.

The ZE912 seems to get very good reviews and I can get a set of 4 from Camskill for €323 delivered.
    Can anyone recommend me anything different for the same sort of money ?

I don't do a lot of long-distance, high-speed driving. Motorway visits would be a handful of times per year.
    Mainly sh1tty Donegal roads and the odd trip down the country.
    Mainly N & R roads. Bear in mind that N roads in Donegal are like R roads everywhere else !

Cheers folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

I had the Falken 912's on my car before and hated them...poor grip in the dry and frightening in the wet....also wore down very fast. Learned my lesson and put some decent rubber on (Goodyear Eagle F1s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These come highly recommended but you are talking about €100 than the Falkens for 4:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=12403

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

OK how about the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo
    or
    Uniroyal Rainsport 2 ?

Both of which are cheaper than the Vredestein and get better scores on tyretest.com (although the Vredestein is a sexy tyre !).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Falken FK452 are a pretty decent tyre. I've had them on a few cars now and no complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

daRobot wrote: »
    Falken FK452 are a pretty decent tyre. I've had them on a few cars now and no complaints.

+1

Have them on my own car, great tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Pique wrote: »
    OK how about the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo

These will be going on my car when replacement time comes round.
    Same size as your ones ( Octavia vRS )
    I have heard some good reports about them,
    I can get them for €110 each fitted/balanced/laser tracked.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

PaulKK wrote: »
    +1

Have them on my own car, great tyre.

I had them on my passat and found that they wore down pretty fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

orobica wrote: »
    Web special offer,
    Hankook K105 or Hankook V12 in 225/45/17 supply, fit, balance, lazer track at €110 each inc vat while stocks last. Contact mark info@campbellsgarage.ie if required.
    As your on a budget i can also offer you sigatar or sunnew from €70 each all in but i would not put these on a wheelbarrow myself.

That's a great offer mate, and I thank you, but you're in Dublin, I'm in Donegal dammit :(

As for the ditchfinders, I have to ask, why do tyre centers sell tyres that should be on a 'do not use' list ?
    Do people really not care ?
    I've rang around a few places and have been offered some crap under the auspices of them being owned by Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone etc. as if name-dropping equates the €70 crap with the €150 Eagle F1.

At least you make it plain that they are rubbish, so kudos for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

I have the Kumhos in 245/40 17 on the rear of my 318is.. Great tyre with fantastic grip..

Was talking with a guy a few weeks back who has them on his m3 and said they were great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Pique wrote: »
    That's a great offer mate, and I thank you, but you're in Dublin, I'm in Donegal dammit :(

As for the ditchfinders, I have to ask, why do tyre centers sell tyres that should be on a 'do not use' list ?
    Do people really not care ?
    I've rang around a few places and have been offered some crap under the auspices of them being owned by Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone etc. as if name-dropping equates the €70 crap with the €150 Eagle F1.

At least you make it plain that they are rubbish, so kudos for that.

In a recession many people are strapped for cash and will cut corners on car maintenance including tyres, all they want when forced to buy new tyres is the cheapest rubber available. Tyre centres are selling these rubbish cheap tyres all day long so it makes sense for them to push them. Alot of them will not stock premium tyres unless they are ordered in by a customer as they don't sell in big enough numbers, no point in being stuck with stock nobody wants to buy. That is more of a reflection of the compromise by the people buying them than those selling them to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement