Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Yaris Tyres

Options
  • 21-05-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I have a 2003 yaris and was just wondering if anyone knows what size of tyres I need for it? Just looking to price them online and cant find the size anywhere

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i think 165/70/14 is the standard, or maybe its 75, not too sure. its written on your tyres :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

thanks andy, didnt even think to check the tyres :o

just done a search on eiretyres and the came up with

Maxxis MA 701
    Federal SS-731
    Nankang CX668

Not that I know much about tyres but ive never heard of any of these. Are they any good? All around 50 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Federals would be the best of a bad bunch there to be honest. a lot of people use nankangs but you dont hear many good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Go to camskill.co.uk and get some falkens or kumhos, they will cost the same and will be much better. You've picked 3 poor enough tyres there tbh, and i dont find eiretyres to be the cheapest either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

For 2003 yaris it's 175/65 R14

In above size the best what I can advice is Debica Furio - 43.80 or different Pirelli, Fulda, etc starts from 55 euro.

Don't go for any chineese crap, as most of them are so terrible on wet surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I've Nexen N2000 175/65/14 on my Yaris, best tyres I've had on the car and great in the wet.

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.ie/car-tyres/NEXEN/N2000/

You'll have to email them for the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Camskill are doing the Continental Premium Contact 2 for €43 each which is good value imo considering mid range/budget brands are only slightly cheaper.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s393p61002

Just remember if you buy online to make sure you have the exact size you need and you will have to budget about another €50 for fitting, balancing and disposing of the old tyres locally. So best thing to do is ring around your local tyre centres and compare prices. As already said avoid cheap Chinese crap like Suny, Triangles, etc, they are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    Camskill are doing the Continental Premium Contact 2 for €43 each which is good value imo considering mid range/budget brands are only slightly cheaper.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s393p61002

Bear in mind with delivery, this works out at €50.50 each. (if you buy 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Bear in mind with delivery, this works out at €50.50 each. (if you buy 2)

Still not bad for a premuim branded tyre though imo.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. great value indeed. 175/65 is a reasonably priced size too, no point in going 185/60 or 185/65 as they're more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Got a two kumhos's recently and they were night and day better than the Roadstones they replaced which were just terrible on any surface dry or wet.

hi thanks for the help lads, seen the local garage is doing perrillis for 55 euro. I just need the one, how much would it be for balancing the one?

Generally a garage will include fitting, balancing and a new valve in the advertised price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Why would you need just one? If only one is worn theres some other problem.

Advertisement