Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online MySQL - any nice front ends

Options
  • 29-05-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

I am volunteering with a charity on an IT project.
    They have groups around the country that are maintaining separate Access databases with member information.
    The groups feed changes up to HQ who enter this into another, separate Access database.

Multiple databases leads to inconsistencies and they would like to sort this out.

My first thought was to move all the info into a centrally hosted MySQL db and write some PHP scripts for groups to use.

To minimise development time and maximise stability and security, I am wondering if there are any open source apps out there could be used or modified (phpMyAdmin with a nice front end would be perfect :p )

Comments

Advertisement