Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower not stoping flow fully

Options
  • 26-08-2015 9:50am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My daughters shower is not fully stopping water when turned off. Any suggestions of how I could fix it please?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

There may be something caught in the valve that turns the water on / off, or else its worn out.
    Turn off the water supply to the shower, usually from the hot press. Remove the handle, then unscrew the valve from the main part, take a carefull look for anything caught in the valve.
    If there is nothing in it, the valve may be worn and need replacing, it would be simpler to change the whole unit as sometimes getting a new part can sometimes be very time consuming.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

K.Flyer wrote: »
    There may be something caught in the valve that turns the water on / off, or else its worn out.
    Turn off the water supply to the shower, usually from the hot press. Remove the handle, then unscrew the valve from the main part, take a carefull look for anything caught in the valve.
    If there is nothing in it, the valve may be worn and need replacing, it would be simpler to change the whole unit as sometimes getting a new part can sometimes be very time consuming.

Thanks KFlyer. I will be there Thursday and give a look.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Son in law has dismantled it. Anyone recognise this and know where it can be gotten. If not I will advise to take Kflyers advice and replace the unit.

Advertisement