Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire fronts

Options
  • 26-08-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I have been thinking of getting a fire front for a while now but I get mixed reaction when I enquire about them. I have a back boiler and 10 rads. Has anyone got a fire door installed and how efficient are they? Can I still keep my fireplace with a wooden surround? Are they easy to install and clean?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

They are not the wisest investment.
    Yes they do improve efficiency but you will not save enough money on fuel to make them viable.
    You are better off spending extra money on a stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭serious

I am thinking the same way. Did you end up getting a fire front? If so would you recommend it? I can get a second hand one for about €150 - €200

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sombom

We got the door last winter and it worked very well. Definitely more heat going to the radiators than previously. It heats up fairly quickly as well. We did feel we were burning less fuel so overall we are very happy with it

Advertisement