Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Implantation bleeding?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone else experienced this??
    We weren't TTC but we weren't overly careful either, planning on TTC after christmas.
    I'm due my period on thursday the 20th, but on Sunday(4 days before my period is due) I had a gush of bright red blood. And no bleeding since then. I went to see my doctor who thinks it was implantation bleeding. I've to go back for a pregnancy test on Friday if I don't get my period.
    I'm trying not to get excited now...our daughter is nearly 4 so would love another baby.
    I have alot of pregnancy signs...like sore breasts, dizziness, my nails are growing long and strong(never have nails).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

No such experience but good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I did on my first but not the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ainet

Thanks for your replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Oooh, good luck, hope you get your line :) Would you not test yourself? I got a positive the day before my period was due, the doctor's was still a very, very faint line a few days later. The tests you buy yourself are far more sensitive.

(I'm impatient, can you tell? :) )

Quackles wrote: »
    Oooh, good luck, hope you get your line :) Would you not test yourself? I got a positive the day before my period was due, the doctor's was still a very, very faint line a few days later. The tests you buy yourself are far more sensitive.

(I'm impatient, can you tell? :) )

I'm impatient too, think i'd get too upset though if I got a (false) negative by testing too early.
    The doctor told me that their tests weren't very sensitive so maybe I will buy one.
    The clear blue digital is the best one??

• Advertisement

ainet wrote: »
    I'm impatient too, think i'd get too upset though if I got a (false) negative by testing too early.
    The doctor told me that their tests weren't very sensitive so maybe I will buy one.
    The clear blue digital is the best one??

Digital are good in that there's no faffing about and you know exactly what you're looking at, but I've read that first response are the most sensitive. I got my early result on a regular clearblue.

Thanks, think I'll send my OH out for one so I can test 1st thing the morning:)

Oooh, let us know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

*crosses fingers for the OP*

I hope she comes back soon with good news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I was always told that bright red blood is not good. And implantation bleeding should only really be spotting. During my previous miscarriages i always convinced myself these things werent as bad as I thought. But it was.
    Hope it all goes ok for ya hun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

I was always told bright red wasnt good news but that the more darker browner red spotting was. But no practical experience

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lizzyjane

Hi all i need your help, im recently 7 weeks pregnant on my 1st baby! I've had nausia for weeks now and kinda got used to it. But 4days ago i woke up with severe cramps in me belly & a few spots of blood in my underwear so i went straight into the hosp and got a scan straight away! I have a pregnancy sac but no baby??? After a lot of time looking she found a fetus BUT its 2 small and iv either 2 options no1. That im not as far gone as i say i am and the baby is 2 small to a heartbeat, or no2. That the fetus has stopped growing and im having a miscarrage!
    Having said that the pains are so soar that i cant stand up( had to take the day off work) and the bleeden hasnt stopped ( fresh blood at this stage)..
    My head is minced i have to go back in next sat for another scan.
    Has any1 went through this before?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If the pain is so bad that you cannot stand up I'd be heading back to the hospital today. I have to close this thread as we cannot give medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement