Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Kale!!

Options
  • 19-11-2014 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

HI all.

I ordered my first organic fruit and veg box last week and it was amazing. However, there is a very sad looking bunch of kale left over. I don't know what to do with it.

I don't really like kale. :( I would juice it but we are low on other fruits and veggies so there's not really enough ingredients for a juice.

I'd like to use up all the veggies before my next box. So does anyone have any recipe ideas that help to mask that unmistakable kale-y taste?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Kale chips are amazing and don't taste kale-y at all IMO.
    Cut the thick stems and ribs out of the washed and dried kale (find them too hard to eat) and don't chop the leaves, use some good-sized chunks of it. Dress the leaves with a tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper (I also sprinkle some parmesan over them) and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Put them in the oven at 180 degrees and bake them for 10 to 15 minutes until they are crisp and the are edges brown but not burnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I love kale stir-fried with lots of garlic.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Or chorizo. Nomnom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Had it last night - it's magic. Healthy, easy, tasty and cheap as chips :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

can you stick up some instructions?

whole leaves of kale? chopped or mashed garlic?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

can you stick up some instructions?

whole leaves of kale? chopped or mashed garlic?

Destem the kale.
    Roughly chop.
    Stirfry for about a minute in a hot wok or pot with chopped or mashed garlic.
    Sprinkle with sea salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate it. :)

I'm gonna make me some crisps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

+1 for kale with chorizo. Cook some sausage until the oil renders out, add garlic and cook for a minute or two. Add shredded kale and add a tin of cannellini beans once the kale has wilted. Quick supper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Must try these. Boiled curly kale tastes like shredded kleenex, though black kale is delicious. Perhaps stir-frying is the answer to the horrid texture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement