Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tab Sites Threatened

Options
  • 21-07-2006 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is old news, but I just found out now. Guitar tab sites are being threatened with legal action for hosting copyrighted material!!! I was on the Guitar Tab Universe earlier and on the front page is a note saying that the National Music Publishers' Association (NMPA) as well as the Music Publishers' Association (MPA) are trying to close down the site!

Are we not even free to learn how to play music anymore? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

yup olf news, Looks like were all gonna have to learn by ear eventually if they have there way. It may be a balls but itl make us all better musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

lol ya i know its crazy.. but even better news, has anyone heard this new band called slayer? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Steoob wrote:
    has anyone heard this new band called slayer? :p

yeah, they're ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i think people would appriciate covers band more seein that we are tabless..it'd be almost like their own compositions :p

Advertisement