Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morning Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

califano wrote: »
    Jeffrey Donaldson body slammed yer one on Morning Ireland just there as she was getting on her high horse and attempting to bully the interviewee.

Terrible interview, so rude. Why would anyone from the DUP bother appearing on this programme if they are going to be spoken to in this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Samantha Libreri is good on the radio. She has a nice voice for it.

The incessant noise in the background and sound of people writing still wrecks my head though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Samantha Libreri is good on the radio. She has a nice voice for it.

The incessant noise in the background and sound of people writing still wrecks my head though.
    She's good but, not surprisingly comes across a but nervous. She was always good at reporting for the news so I'd say she'll be a good presenter on Morning Ireland. It was gas listening to her chatting with the US correspondent, Caitriona Perry - I thought it was the one person talking as they sounded so similar!

honeybear wrote: »
    She's good but, not surprisingly comes across a but nervous.

Yeah she's certainly outside of her comfort zone, but that will pass if they leave her there. I think she's just filling in for someone's holidays though.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Going by today's Morning Ireland I think Samantha Libreri badly needs a few elocution lessons. Poor speech is very noticeable and annoying on radio, less so on TV.

• Advertisement

Honestly, how many mornings do I have to listen to a lecture in "carrying out my moral duty" for migrants from Peter Sutherland. What does this man know about "sharing" and "being generous". Lucifer himself would have more credibility in that job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Getting a bit fed up with Patrick McDonnell's long running character... the joke is getting old lad.

merged.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,722 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Honestly, how many mornings do I have to listen to a lecture in "carrying out my moral duty" for migrants from Peter Sutherland. What does this man know about "sharing" and "being generous". Lucifer himself would have more credibility in that job.

Have to say that 'unctious' is the first word that comes to mind when Peter the Great comes on the wireless.

honeybear wrote: »
    She's good but, not surprisingly comes across a but nervous. She was always good at reporting for the news so I'd say she'll be a good presenter on Morning Ireland. It was gas listening to her chatting with the US correspondent, Caitriona Perry - I thought it was the one person talking as they sounded so similar!

Wall to wall Dort accented duo?

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Going by today's Morning Ireland I think Samantha Libreri badly needs a few elocution lessons. Poor speech is very noticeable and annoying on radio, less so on TV.

I'm afraid a lot more than poor Sam need those lessons Desk.

Standard of pronounciation is appalling, I say, appalling.

Conor Brophy with his "cumpanies" comes to mind.

Could do a whole thread on that subject for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Did anybody else notice strange goings on on Morning Ireland this morning?

The show started off at 7am with Rachel English and Cathal MacCoille with Conor Brophy doing the business news. Cathal MacCoille had a really rambling interview with Tony Connolly about the EU Apple decision due later. By 8 o'clock this show was being presented by Rachel English and Conor Brophy with Cathal MacCoille gone. I don't think anything was mentioned by the end of the programme - just seems very strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭bureau2009

@Conor84 - yes I did notice. One minute Conor Brophy was the business reporter, next he was the programme presenter.

Strange. I wonder did Cathal MacCoille take ill?

Conor84 wrote: »
    Did anybody else notice strange goings on on Morning Ireland this morning?

The show started off at 7am with Rachel English and Cathal MacCoille with Conor Brophy doing the business news. Cathal MacCoille had a really rambling interview with Tony Connolly about the EU Apple decision due later. By 8 o'clock this show was being presented by Rachel English and Conor Brophy with Cathal MacCoille gone. I don't think anything was mentioned by the end of the programme - just seems very strange?

Yes only half listening, but noticed McCoille was unusually ' rambling' in the discussion with Tony C.

Said to myself,"That's not like McCoille" but didn't notice the baton change.

Hopefully nowt serious happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

According to his Twitter he had a nose bleed but fine now

Badabing wrote: »
    According to his Twitter he had a nose bleed but fine now

Good, not a big problem there.

Advertisement