Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else got a Snuggle Safe?

Options
  • 09-11-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi, my new Snuggle Safe arrived today.

Just wondering if anyone else has them and how they used them best?

My lad sleeps outdoors, and although a hardy breed, we've spent a lot of time and effort insulating his kennel so that it's pretty sweet in there. And for good measure, we ordered a Snuggle Soft.

But I'm worried how long it lasts. I want it to last through the colder hours of the early morning so really want to optimize it. It's in a fleece cover but should I wrap it up in a blanket too? Doggie sleeps on a big fatty cushion so I couldn't put it underneath - it's so thick that the heat wouldn't transmit. I'd have to put it on top of the cushion.

I don't want it to just last 5 hours - I really want to get the maximum out of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I used them all the time, just use the fleece cover don't put anything else over it unless you find it a bit hot even with the fleece cover on then just pop a thing fleece over it. They last up to 8 hours but I find the colder it is outside the quicker they cool but it's worth a try though because it depends on the surroundings.
    One dog sleeps on his he's no undercoat and feels the cold indoors, the two girls have a large house to themselves with a few fleece blankets each and vet bedding, I've tried them with snuggle safes but they usually chuck them out of the beds.

Give it a go though, if you haven't vet bed already it's brilliant stuff (bronteglen.ie sell it) and dogs absolutley love it. Have the non-slip pink ones for the girls and a few for changes when washing the others.

If the dog doesn't like it in the end just use it for yourself they're great hot water bottles, although rock hard handy in emergencies too eg if your pet is recovering from surgery etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

ya I was wondering about getting one of these a while ago but the thing that worried me was how small it is or at least the only one I can see on zooplus is tiny. are there any bigger versions or does the little one work for all breeds??

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/cushions_pillows/heat_pads_and_heat_pillows/59060

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Thanks Sigma, we used it last night and whilst he was sleeping around it rather than on it because it's rock hard, he seemed contented enough. No barking at all which was a sign he was pretty snoozy in there so happy days I'd say.

Just wish they were soft! He likes his soft bedding and now he has this hard thing in there, but he'll be grand.

moving_home, look at the reviews on amazon.com - there are pages and pages and I'm sure someone will have a larger dog and will say whether it works or not.

Advertisement