Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Leahy is back

Options
  • 12-03-2014 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Will Leahy is back on 2fm this weekend. He will be on every Saturday 5pm-7pm and Sunday 5pm-8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Will Leahy is back on 2fm this weekend. He will be on every Saturday 5pm-7pm and Sunday 5pm-8pm.

I'd say it'll be a pre-recorded show, can't imagine him travelling to donneybrook on a saturday and sunday from limerick. Wasn't damien farrelly pre-recorded on a saturday?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

airman737 wrote: »
    I'd say it'll be a pre-recorded show, can't imagine him travelling to donneybrook on a saturday and sunday from limerick. Wasn't damien farrelly pre-recorded on a saturday?

Considering he presented his weekday show in Limerick, there's no technical (only staffing) reasons he can't use the Limerick studios on weekends either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

An RTE spokesperson said that he will be traveling to Dublin every weekend to do the show. Dan Healy has banned remote broadcasting, He wants 100% of the output to come from Dublin. Does the roadcaster go outside Dublin anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Great that hes back at weekends, I miss his the More Music Drive, 2FM just aint the same.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

An RTE spokesperson said that he will be traveling to Dublin every weekend to do the show. Dan Healy has banned remote broadcasting, He wants 100% of the output to come from Dublin. Does the roadcaster go outside Dublin anymore ?
    Another fantastic decision by Mr. Healy. Everyone is going to listen to Colm Hayes now because it's coming from Dublin. RnaG should stop broadcasting from Carraroe, Ballydavid and Derrybeg because it puts people off listening if the show doesn't come from Dublin, then they might get more ratings.

2FM deserves to fail because of this nonsense. I feel sorry for the genuine people who work there and actually deserve a proper national slot on a national station.

• Advertisement

In fairness id say hector put a lot of Dublin Listeners off with his bogger stuff, Roaring about soldiers of the dawn and Galway in every link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

In fairness id say hector put a lot of Dublin Listeners off with his bogger stuff, Roaring about soldiers of the dawn and Galway in every link.
    Ah I see - if we let people broadcast from outside Dublin then they'll all be going on with "bogger" stuff? Hector did it, so they'll all do it?

And no, I don't think you believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Was 2fm not meant to be a national station?

thesaurus2 wrote: »
    Was 2fm not meant to be a national station?
    Yes but it needs to win back some of the dublin market to become self financing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yes but it needs to win back some of the dublin market to become self financing again.

Seeing how everything in RTE revolves around Dublin, maybe only the RTE viewers and listeners in that area should be paying a licence fee/broadcasting charge? I don't see reasons why anybody outside there should be funding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

He still has the 'very happy, very happy' soundbite.

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Isn't Hector from (inside the pale) Navan?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Surely the Dublin thing is about costs rather than trying to win an audience.

I would guess that it costs 2fm more to broadcast from Limerick than from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

I would guess that it costs 2fm more to broadcast from Limerick than from Dublin.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but is Will Leahy's show not a one-man show? So, what are the costs involved? Light and heat in the Limerick studio? The cost of boiling the kettle when Will's making himself a cuppa? ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

2fm's Limerick studio isn't a garden shed out in the middle of nowhere that's operating only when Will is on air. It's part of the Lyric FM complex on Cornmarket Row and is operational most of the time for Lyric FM anyway. Lyric FM has to be sent to Dublin so it's not like they need a costly link for Will's show either. Fact of the matter is it's just another poor excuse

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

In the absence of a newer thread for this show...

Some desperately, urgently needs to tell JJ he can't mix (or tell Will that JJ can't mix). Atrocious song selection smashed together in Ableton does not equal a "mix". Its equivalent to listening to a six year old playing with an iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

Atrocious song selections are more than likely instructions from Will Leahy.

The back bone of Will Leahy's music taste is the Dirty Dancing soundtrack.

Advertisement