Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you get self conscious buying potatoes at the supermarket?

• 02-06-2015 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Well?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yeah, I can't help but think how much better looking they are than me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I do yeah ! But I am actually a potato myself.

I kind of feel dirty like a slave turned slave master.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Atari jaguar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not sure I understand. Are you planning to do something naughty with/to them and you fear your intention is visible to others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

maybe he's stoned. They're all looking at me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Only if I've forgotten to dress properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Only if buying old potatoes after the new ones have come out. Hate been behind the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

why just potatoes? how about cucumber:eek:

I grow my own - so I remain oblivious to the shame involved in buying them - perhaps the OP can enlighten me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Only if I was getting a big sack of them and had to throw em over the shoulder carrying them out. Wouldn't be self conscious though, I'd be right pleased with myself after showing off my man muscles to all the underage checkout girls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

...wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Eh..... no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Grayson wrote: »
    maybe he's stoned. They're all looking at me!

Well they do have eyes ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I tend to strip to the waist and sling the bag around manfully while striding to the tills. I then grab the most attractive till girl by the hair and drag her home to be my mistress/potato cooker for the evening. Alpha potato buying 101.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I grow my own - so I remain oblivious to the shame involved in buying them - perhaps the OP can enlighten me.

Did you forget to log in as Aongus Von B this morning?

Also, no OP. I'm grand at buying potatoes, it's cucumbers I cant buy.

Do what with the who now?

Think this is the "I am not going to understand anything said here" thread for the month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

We used to at home too but we've some kind of a cunty worm in the soil that destroys the spuds. Half of them are rotten when dug up. Kinda heart breaking when we had to dig the drills by hand. I miss having calluses on my hands......

fizzypish wrote: »
    We used to at home too but we've some kind of a cunty worm in the soil that destroys the spuds. Half of them are rotten when dug up. Kinda heart breaking when we had to dig the drills by hand. I miss having calluses on my hands......

Yea my dad had a plot in a local park and he lost 80% of his to something similar. So far I have been lucky. I have tried about 20 different "old wives tale" kind of solutions to avoid it - so perhaps I got lucky - or perhaps one of them actually works - I will never know probably :)

But everything from what you grow beside them - to rotating the potato types and positions each time you plant - to sprinkling this that or the other on the area - to how long you let them sit growing roots before you plant them in the ground - and so forth. I have tried loads of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Citroen2cv

OMG, I would totes not be seen buying potatoes. Imagine what a boghead I would look like if anyone seen me buying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I know what you mean OP. Would you consider a different form of contraception?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I am not too bad when I have remembered to put my clothes on !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

A potato was out on his mother bike one day and was involved in crash, his parents Mr and Mrs potato were called in to the hospital the doctor said I have good news and bad news, we managed to save his eyes and he wasn't burned to a crisp but unfortunately he will be left a vegetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

William F wrote:
    Well?

Well what? Walk in, pick up a bag of potatoes and pay for it and hope nobody you know sees...Mortification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I do.

I be thinking why the hell am I buying spuds when I have half an acre of them at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

William F wrote: »
    Well?

Surely threads like this should start around 3.30 a.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I just tell the cashier they're for my famine shrine OP.

Advertisement