Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How's your water?!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Pah :( No water from the hot tap, what does this mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I saw the funniest thing yesterday, my neighbour with a pan fetching snow and boiling it for water.
    Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Water pipes froze two days ago and the bloody oven decided to stop working last night - best Christmas in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

No water apart from the kitchen tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No problems with water apart from the South Dublin County Council nightly restrictions. Water from the tap is lovely and cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

My water's broke! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

grand, taps been running the past 4 weeks though to avoid pipes freezing, they froze last christmas so i wasnt taking any chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Why o why did i laugh at people with no water :( Having no water really sucks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Water's grand...still wet but the pressure has been down the last week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's cold, and it comes out of a tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Mousey- wrote: »
    grand, taps been running the past 4 weeks though to avoid pipes freezing, they froze last christmas so i wasnt taking any chances
    Do you not realise that people stupidly leaving their taps running is the reason everyone's water supply has been cut off at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

mine has not been affected and has pressure that would cut ya in two.

But it coming out of the tap at 2 degrees. In sallins.

I have put a line of kingspan insulation across the ground where the line is, to protect it pipe. Record lows tonight....

fire on. heating on . heater on in the attic. attic door open a little.

Feck leaving water pouring all day. If you are at that carry on you should catch yourself on and consider others.

Keep a couple of spare buckets of water full and leave in your bathroom. You may need them to refill your toilet cistern or wash with if you freeze tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

We leave our tap running every so often. the pipes don't freeze every day, but this does actually seem to work. Dad spends quite a bit of time trying to unfreeze them when it does happen. pain in the bollix I think. but at least he can fix it. so glad not to have to worry about it going any more.

should probably mention, in case anyone's sitting there fuming at me, that we have our own well, so no I'm not wasting all your water by running the taps :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

wet...like my bitches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Fine and very unlikely to freeze- my estate has the pipes too close to the surface so loads of houses on our road have no water but my dad dug ours down deeper when we got the drive done 2 years ago. They DID freeze in '82 though.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement