Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crew Cab Tax,

Options
  • 16-11-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Just bought a crew cab and now the tax office will not let me tax it without proof of business ownership. I farm sheep and pigs and have numbers for both...Anyone know where I could tax it without it being too much trouble? Im in Galway....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

223vmax wrote: »
    Just bought a crew cab and now the tax office will not let me tax it without proof of business ownership. I farm sheep and pigs and have numbers for both...Anyone know where I could tax it without it being too much trouble? Im in Galway....

fill in your PPS as a vat number be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

fill in your PPS as a vat number be grand.

That's what I did as I've registered other commercials in my name before. However this time they want proof of business and cert from revenue...Has anyone bought a crew cab recently in Connaught without the hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

They must have changed in Galway. They used to be lenient towards farmers for commercial vehicles. Is it because it's a crew cab? Would a two seater be easier I wonder. If your farming, do you pay tax? Maybe the revenue would give you a letter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Crew cabs becoming extremely difficult in certain counties. Some will only tax if you have minimum two employees.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

How can the tax office refuse you? If you have commercial insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

How can the tax office refuse you? If you have commercial insurance.

This is how I'd be thinking. Go back in and give them your herd number as proof of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

They'll let you tax it, just not commercially.

Is it for commercial use?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Had to get a form filled out and stamped from revenue. All sorted now. :D

Advertisement