Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP 1 Exams

Options
  • 11-11-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey,
    I wondering can anyone gave me feedback on the cap 1 exams what are they like
    are they hard?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

I did Law, Tax and Management Accounting last year.

The material is not hard to understand. It is hard to work and study together however.

Management Acc was easiest for me, a lot of it is computational/formulaic with a little bit of theory mixed in.

Law definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Although you're told to learn off a lot of case studies, its still easy to pass without knowing that many, maybe 5 or 6. There aren't any very long essay answers either, which helps.

Tax was my worst result, mostly because I didn't enjoy learning off the different exemptions and whatnot. Its mostly a subject you learn through making mistakes and repetition. For me it would take the longest to study of these three even though it's only half a subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConfusedSheep

I am doing the Taxation CAP 1 exam as an external candidate and am slightly confused as to the prep to be done. As external candidates you only have access to the video lectures and the textbook. I have watched all the videos and taken down the slides notes plus additional notes. I am currently half way through learning the textbook but I am petrified that I will fail the exam. Are the question banks an advantage? because we don't have access to them

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rocketdog1905

I am doing the Taxation CAP 1 exam as an external candidate and am slightly confused as to the prep to
    be done. As external candidates you only have access to the video lectures and the textbook. I have watched all the videos and taken down the slides notes plus additional notes. I am currently half way through learning the textbook but I am petrified that I will fail the exam. Are the question banks an advantage? because we don't have access to them

How did you find the exam? Few bits I'd never seen before!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConfusedSheep

How did you find the exam? Few bits I'd never seen before!

Definitely didn't pass unfortunately could do all the exam papers previously. Devastated

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rocketdog1905

Yeah question 1 was a bit unfair I knew every inch of the papers too but a lot of the details appeared differently than in the past.. Hoping to scrape a pass though

• Advertisement
Advertisement