Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That Christmas Feeling

• 24-12-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

I was just watching santa claus the movie on tv3 looking at the bit where donner gets all nervous with height

until now i was meh about christmas but a shiver ran through me and i felt all christmassy

merry xmas boards, be good and remember: if your not in bed by 12 go home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I got it after watching the Wizard of Oz earlier \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I just got a piss shiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

It's usually downhill for me. I felt christmasy yesterday. Less so today. Tomorrow ill be horrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Don't eat yellow snow. Yes its delicious buts its probably yellow because theres pee pee in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Was that the A-team van behind the drunk looking at the tvs???????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

That Christams feeling I get is when the dinner passes through and I do a Fluttering Bantum... only not as poetic as himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I got a bad Christmas feeling that I promised to bring dessert :o but I have brungeth forth no dessert.

I got a bad Christmas feeling that I promised to bring dessert :o but I have brungeth forth no dessert.

Uh oh! Leggit to the nearest Spar and pick something up!

You have officially ruined Christmas, hang your head in shame!

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    Uh oh! Leggit to the nearest Spar and pick something up!

lol and then disguise it in a M&S box !!! :P

Stupid drunken promises!!! PAH !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

To me, it doesn't even feel like Christmas, but nevertheless, Merry Christmas Bordsies:D

lol and then disguise it in a M&S box !!! :P

Stupid drunken promises!!! PAH !!!

Stick a load of ice-cream in a container and say you made it. You could even splash out and throw some mashed up flakes on top :D

Kiera wrote: »
    Stick a load of ice-cream in a container and say you made it. You could even splash out and throw some mashed up flakes on top :D

:pac: a cunning plan !!! When you say flakes, I suppose you don't mean corkflakes? Flake bars, I knew that. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I woke up with no trousers on lying in a snow-filled skip this morning. I've felt Christmas shivers all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I've watched next to no Christmas telly and STILL haven't done my christmas shopping...:(

I'm also stranded where I live cos of the snow... But when a good friend comes to collect me and brings me to the local for Christmas eve.... THEN it will feel like Christmas.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

Trí wrote: »
    I've watched next to no Christmas telly

Trust me you haven't missed much. Apart from only fools and horses being on at 1.30pm for the last 3 days, theres been fcuk all on tv. Looking at the schedule today there is nothing decent on until Peep show at 9pm.

Trust me you haven't missed much. Apart from only fools and horses being on at 1.30pm for the last 3 days, theres been fcuk all on tv. Looking at the schedule today there is nothing decent on until Peep show at 9pm.

Nice one, TV booked :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I too have lost that Christmas feeling, I keep telling myself to kop on and stop being such a grouch, but it's not working. I will no longer Dream of a white Christmas, it sucks big time. :(

Humble apologies for the grouchyness this festive season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Here here. Can't wait for Peep Show. Mammy gonna record it for me while I go and get drunk.:pac: Series 7 is the nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

I'm still waiting for the ~Christmas feeling~, haven't had it since I was 9 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Haven't felt the Christmas spirit either.

I did my Christmas shopping about two weeks ago, I like being prepared, but it doesn't give any hype.
    I think the main reason for being grouchy is college. Being given two essays, you tend to focus your thoughts on doing them, forgetting about Christmas. It was only an hour ago or so that I realised it was Christmas eve. :eek:

Having no water makes Christmas stressful as well. It was nice while it snowed, but it stuck around for too long.

Advertisement