Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Female singer/songwriter looking for band

• 20-08-2015 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Boards,

My name is Donna Dunne. I am a singer/songwriter looking for a band to gig with that do originals/covers. I lived in London for a year and worked with a band until I moved to Spain last year & then back to Ireland in September 2014. Here I am a year later but with the lads in the UK and myself here, it's become such a costly experience for flights,accommodation etc. We were suppose to be releasing our album this October with a tour in place but again the cost and not enough sit down time to rehearse the album. Anyways here I am looking for people from Ireland. It makes me very sad but hey thats life. I am in no rush to find the right players who think they would be up for it, this is just a feeler to see if anyone would be interested. I love harmonies so anyone with good harmonies please get in touch. Obvious instruments - drums, guitar, bass. I would love mandolin,violin,sax,keys so whoever would like to get in touch please do. Please only reply if you have something I can listen to. Style of sound: Gypsy, Old Rock n Roll, Blues but open to anything that sounds good.

It won't allow me post my website for some reason...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭druma

Hi.
    Where are you based?
    Dyou have any recordings of you singing ?
    Thanks
    Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭grizzly_beer

Hi,
    I started this electro pop project (recordings are super primitive demos etc.) recently with a friend of mine but I am looking for a replacement mainly as she does not have enough time for it what with all her other hobbies.

In most songs we both sing harmony and play keyboards (often with arpeggiators) with a drum machine.
    Everything is electronic but I've endeavoured to make the live performances as live as possible, so we are playing all the synth stuff live and have plenty of freedom for musical expression on them, even the automated drums are triggered live and I sometimes play a drumpad. (Id really like to add a real drummer at some stage too)

I need someone who..
    Can sing ok (a good singer would be great as I'm not great at singing),
    Can sing + do something else simultaneously,
    And most importantly has great rhythm.
    Experience playing piano or keyboards would be great but not strictly necessary. If you have rhythm, musical talent, are willing to put in the effort and are able to press buttons then you will learn it np. Playing keys with this electro stuff like arpeggiators is a bit different anyway.

Its a cool little project I think. I like the fact its an unusual setup and theres no 'frontman'. The reaction to the music so far has been quite positive. I was in an esoteric jazzy/experimental band before but no-one really liked our stuff and writing songs took forever. The goal of this project is to do something that people might actually like. Its designed to be minimal and move fast, in that I just write the songs and then we learn them and start gigging asap. I have a cool setup for playing live too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭druma

????????

Advertisement