Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actors agents & advice

Options
  • 12-04-2014 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭

Hi there! First of all, I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it if it is.

Ok, so I'm in my mid-late teens and I'm looking at getting into acting professionally. I've looked at some of the agencies here in Ireland's websites and a lot of them look for headshots, C.V's and showreels, which, I don't have seeing as I'm only getting started in the business. I do have some acting experience, I've been in various school shows and such down the years, but I haven't done anything professionally. Basically, what I'm wondering is, will any agents take me seriously without headshots, showreels, etc... and if any of you have any other advice you could give me, I'd be grateful. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hi kitty, I came here wondering the same for my 16 year old son. He has been in youth theatre and school productions and has really become more interested in pursuing this in the last few months. Am wondering who are the best agents and what way he should go about trying to get auditions.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 11Chrisrww1

Hi,

I am new in this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I'm not involved in acting but I do know some who are and from what they say getting paid work is the top priority but difficult to get, and second on the list is getting a good agent. Some agents can be very unhelpful and others are excellent but how you get them to take you on is another problem. Some just use the actors already on their books and don't take any more on. I suggest you do a search on this forum for agents and you will see what others have already posted on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jimbar

Anyone able to offer advice agents to consider/who to avoid? I was at a talk last year and a big casting director said if she saw an actor wasn't with one of the top 20 agents she wouldn't touch them. If they were better actors they would be with better agents. She stopped short of naming who she thought were good agents/bad agents though

Advertisement