Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posh Spice: Woman of the decade

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

what a vulgar description, she did what to you????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

She even looks like a pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Vulgar pig?! Now who is being vulgar..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Woman of the decade? For what?

Also I don't know about them but my decade just started 3 and a half years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Must have been a pretty slow decade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Sure if we had her money, stylists and helpers for everything we'd be just as glamorous and win awards

How about businesswoman, mother, wife and very successful at all three, as well as putting up with all the crap from begrudgers and press putting her down at every turn. I think she has done a fine job of staying sane as well as keeping the show on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

She has above moderate good looks IMO

Vulgar pig is a bit harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

She seems nice and I'd say she has a great sense of humour from what I've seen on her on TV. She has also worked pretty hard to build up her business. I don't know about her being woman of the decade, but I think people get a bit unnessarily mean when they talk about her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Didn't take long for the good old Irish trait of bashing those more successful than you to come out!

I wonder why I read this forum sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Birneybau wrote: »
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/victoria-beckham-named-woman-of-the-decade-at-glamour-awards-8644972.html

Very telling award for the vacuous decade that's in it.

Fair enough, it's Glamour magazine, not Time but still.

What a vulgar pig.
    I highlighted the important part which makes it a non story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/victoria-beckham-named-woman-of-the-decade-at-glamour-awards-8644972.html

Fair enough, it's Glamour magazine, not Time but still.

What a vulgar pig.

That's being cruel to Babe

Why was she called Posh? Was she conceived in Peterborough Utd football ground?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

They should have given it to that woman who was harping on about how hard she had it for being good looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

It's fairly depressing that the most inspiring woman that magazine's readers can come up with is somebody who's primarily known for marrying a famous footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's kind of ironic that you'd rant about how vacuous we've all become, and at the same time react so angrily to the fact she won the award, which is a complete non-story really.

Vacuous indeed!

a glamour magazine has picked a glamorous woman, I can't see how they got it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

The vulgar pig statement by the OP is so wrong. The Beckhams PR machine is one of the best in the world either that or the have sold their souls to the devil. Either way good luck to them.

The woman of the decade is my mother, she has been for the last 3 decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Blisterman wrote: »
    It's fairly depressing that the most inspiring woman that magazine's readers can come up with is somebody who's primarily known for marrying a famous footballer.

I think she was actually known for being a member of one of the world's most successful girl bands - then she married Becks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Glamour magazine are obviously going to pick their woman of the decade based on fashion/beauty based achievements.

If you think there is somebody else in the fashion/beauty industry more deserving then fair enough, but suggesting that a fashion/beauty magazine should hand out awards based on non fashion/beauty achievements is just silly.

It's not like the award means anything to anybody out side of the fashion/beauty industry anyway, so why care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I think she is an inspiration to every girl out there. She proved that you didn't have to be particularly good looking, talented or appear to be very bright to be successful. Just get a boob job, be skeletal thin, never smile in a photo, be a walking billboard for sickeningly expensive brands and bob's your uncle. Every time I duckface in a photo I'm doing it for Posh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What does she do exactly?

Pouts a bit and… em… I'll have to get back to you on that…

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭SeventySix

She is a pretty sucessful designer now. Shows in Paris and New York I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

How about businesswoman, mother, wife and very successful at all three

I don't want to bash her but I do wonder how great a businesswoman she really is. It seems like everybody who becomes a celebrity these days is also, coincidentally, a fantastic business person. Everybody in Heat Magazine looks to operate a multi-million dollar empire when they're not on the cover. It looks less like they genuinely built their new business from scratch and instead purchased, or were given, some cookie-cutter type company that didn't require the genuine dog-eat-dog, finger-to-the-bone entrepreneurial spirit that I'd associate with being a successful business person.

I'm not trying to knock her, I'm sure she's a sound person, but I can't help but wonder how much business acumen she actually has or if she is simply someone who wouldn't be where she is if she hadn't the celebrity status in her pocket beforehand.

As they say; the first million is the hardest. That's particularly true if you already have the market and just need something to sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

She designs clothes for rich people. And brings out a mid-priced range fragrance every now and then too.

SeventySix wrote: »
    She is a pretty sucessful designer now. Shows in Paris and New York I think

She's no more a designer than I am an olympic gold-winning gymnast. She is a serial endorser of products and is successful at it because there are enough retarded women out there willing to spend good money on products with her name attached to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

She's authored a few books too. Sold over a million copies in the UK alone. Also, she's patron for various charitable organisations.

I don't get why people have such a disdain for her. It's not as if she just woke up one morning and had everything that she has. She worked damn hard for it over many years. She's more inspirational in that regard than many of the socialites present in today's media obsessed society.. people who have literally done nothing to deserve what they have, but just happened to be born to rich / famous parents.

I have no interest in anything she does, but I wouldn't knock her for doing it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Should we go with one of the women scientists, surgeons, astronauts, ngo workers, political activists......

... or should we go with the professional skeleton.

Its so hard to choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

She's authored a few books too. Sold over a million copies in the UK alone. Also, she's patron for various charitable organisations.

I don't get why people have such a disdain for her. It's not as if she just woke up one morning and had everything that she has. She worked damn hard for it over many years. She's more inspirational in that regard than many of the socialites present in today's media obsessed society.. people who have literally done nothing to deserve what they have, but just happened to be born to rich / famous parents.

I have no interest in anything she does, but I wouldn't knock her for doing it either.

Sure she has :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Should we go with one of the women scientists, surgeons, astronauts, ngo workers, political activists......

And again glamour award from a glamour magazine.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Posh Spice: Woman of the Orangeade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It's kind of ironic that you'd rant about how vacuous we've all become, and at the same time react so angrily to the fact she won the award, which is a complete non-story really.

Vacuous indeed!

Glamourous Twit outraged at Glamourous Twit's victory in Glamourous Twit Of The Decade Awards. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

tmc86 wrote: »
    I think she was actually known for being a member of one of the world's most successful girl bands - then she married Becks.

"Was" being the key word. Has she even released any music in the past decade?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Don't really understand the disdain for her. She seems lovely in interviews.

How do you report a thread?

Do you believe she would be where she is if we lived in a meritocracy?

You have to send a bag of coke and money for a hooker to one of the mods along with a list of threads you want to report.

Do you believe she would be where she is if we lived in a meritocracy?

That's a different story. Glad to see you looked it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

She rattled on about how women should be supporting each other - maybe she could lower the ridiculously high prices on her clothing range then, and give the non-celebrity women a chance of actually buying some...

That's a different story. Glad to see you looked it up.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Jayus by the way half are going on here you'd swear she was a kiddie fiddler or something. She was part of the most successful girl group of all time, worth 100's of million squid. Seems to be like a great mother. Not once has she ever been in a tabloid for nasty horrible stuff. So what if her and her husband are two of the most famous people on the planet. Good luck to them.

If it's annoying you so much what you doing reading glamour/celeb mags for anyway? Did it annoy you Tulisa or some other skank didn't win?

Since it came from a celeb mag I'm sure she won it for fashion and style etc not for trying to stop the nuclear arms race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I don't know either David

not for trying to stop the nuclear arms race.

Her work in that area is severely understated imo.

Advertisement