Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man jailed after woman fell out of his speeding car

• 05-06-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

A MAN was sentenced to six months in jail and banned from driving for 18 years as a result of an incident in which a woman died after apparently falling out of his speeding car.

Aloiz Doda (31), of Holy Cross, Butlerstown, Co Waterford, failed to stay at the scene and did not report what happened to the authorities.

He was sentenced for nine driving-related offences arising from the incident at the Couse Bridge roundabout, on the outer ring road in Waterford, on September 3, 2011.

Zanna Alem (35) of Tramore Road, Waterford, was found on the road by gardai at about 11.30pm and taken to Waterford Regional Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. A post-mortem revealed she died from head injuries.

Both of the parties came from Lithuania and were known to each other.

Barrister Robert O'Neill told Judge David Staunton in Waterford District Court his client was "deeply regretful" of the incident.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-jailed-after-woman-fell-out-of-his-speeding-car-29320786.html

I initially thought this was a travesty of justice but it seems that he's "deeply regretful" so all is grand.

If it was an accident then why flee the scene and not report it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

This happened just down the road from me and I think she lived in my estate. Very sad and strange I remember all the sirens that night.

Can't believe he only got 6 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Not trying to be funny but how do you "fall out" of a speeding car? I'm assuming she was either pushed by him or was trying to get out herself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I wonder was there vodka involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

vodka involved?

They didn't mention the make / model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

mathie wrote: »
    If it was an accident then why flee the scene and not report it?

read your own article ffs, all the answer are there, he had no insurance among other things

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

DarkJager wrote: »
    Not trying to be funny but how do you "fall out" of a speeding car? I'm assuming she was either pushed by him or was trying to get out herself?

Exactly.

6 months !!

IM0 wrote: »
    read your own article ffs, all the answer are there, he had no insurance among other things

/thread

Yes all the answers are there.

Nothing unanswered about someone falling out of a car and dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

mathie wrote: »
    Yes all the answers are there.

Nothing unanswered about someone falling out of a car and dying.

so this is a detective thread then?

well why didnt you say!

there is clearly large lizzards and funny accents at work here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

DarkJager wrote: »
    George Micheal managed it.

IM0 wrote: »
    so this is a detective thread then?

well why didnt you say!

there is clearly large lizzards and funny accents at work here

I hear they eat our swans too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement