Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to ask the bar man out

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Look. As a lad I'd love to be asked out by a girl so go for it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    The bad news is that she is hotter than I am :-(. The good news is I doubt she's interested in my hot ginger man who seems to have disappeared. :-(

Course shes not hotter than you!?!
    Oh my god, hes probably finished his shift. Quick, start asking questions from whoever is behind the bar now!!

GO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

The bad news is that she is waaaaaay hotter than I am :-(. The good news is I doubt she's interested in my hot ginger man who seems to have disappeared. :-(

He's off to the bottles bin. You should follow quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Hey I only said "eliminate". If you took that as meaning "kill".....wouldn't want to cross you on a dark night.:eek:

Well in the bond movies 'eliminate' means kill. How was I to know we weren't speaking spy language? In other news, I am beginning to feel pukey and I haven't even started on my third drink. I am not going to last long. Where the heck is he?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Well in the bond movies 'eliminate' means kill. How was I to know we weren't speaking spy language? In other news, I am beginning to feel pukey and I haven't even started on my third drink. I am not going to last long. Where the heck is he?!!

Airing himself out back awaiting company, obviously! Go keep him warm.

munster87 wrote: »
    I was just watching the Dublin match, coverage just over

There's a couple of girls snorting stuff in a lift, now a black dude with an afro, now an old white dude talking to Daniel Craig. OMG! Bond is here! Coincidence?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Ah yes, I was being needlessly ambiguous

Oh and do it now, before the melancholy stage of drunkenness sets in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I think I've met you and you're a feckin' ride.
    Ask him- be my hero!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Chucken wrote: »
    Get another drink then ask him, cos if you ask him and he says no and then you take off out the door, he'll think you're just out to pick up anyone!

Woohoo!!

That's then thing. I came out by myself for a drink. I'm not meeting anyone. Now you have me spooked :-(.

Awww

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Sauve wrote: »
    I think I've met you and you're a feckin' ride.
    Ask him- be my hero!!

I've met her...she is :D

Course shes not hotter than you!?!
    Oh my god, hes probably finished his shift. Quick, start asking questions from whoever is behind the bar now!!

GO!

I am tipsy but I can tell you want to see me fall so you can laugh. That is not advice from someone who cares. Do you care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I am tipsy but I can tell you want to see me fall so you can laugh. That is not advice from someone who cares. Do you care?

Quit with the girly talk and go get our man dammit!
    Aw, I dont want to see you fall. This little strawberry blonde could be the love of your life! I feel it in my water :D

Hang on, strawberry blonde?! You said he was a ginger, not a daywalking traitor! :mad:

Aw, I dont want to see you fall. This little strawberry blonde could be the love of your life! I feel it in my water :D

I've met her...she is :D

Awww, thank you Sauve and Ihatecuddles. That's kind of you to say. I hope he thinks so too. Okay, confidence boosted. I'm going to ask him when he comes back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

From the garage to the bar, getting posher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Good luck!

Grabs popcorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

you need to get talking to him. you need to shoehorn a question about whether he has a girlfriend. he'll know you are interested. depending how he responds take it from there. you may need to sit up at the bar.

Good luck :)

OP has been gone a while. Hopefully some top notch flirting going on with lots of eye contact and seductive smiles.

Or she is running for the 13a bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hope this doesn't end up like the safe thread....

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    Hope this doesn't end up like the safe thread....

Or a 'I fancy my music teacher' thread.
    That one went on for weeks and ended sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Poor trolling hurts my eyes.

orestes wrote: »
    Quit with the girly talk and go get our man dammit!

Hang on, strawberry blonde?! You said he was a ginger, not a daywalking traitor! :mad:
    Relax oh soulless one. He's a member of your tribe.

Brian and Ciara was great (even though people keep saying it was all lies :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

15 minutes?!

This is like the ad break in an ITV2 film....

Relax oh soulless one. He's a member of your tribe.

Well????? Whats goin on?

Aidric wrote: »
    Poor trolling hurts my eyes.

I haven't given the middle finger to anyone in a long time. Time to change that. Here's a virtual finger for you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

This is waaaaay better than the safe thread....I'm on tenterhooks here!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Whatever you do OP, don't rush into anything.

Well????? Whats goin on?

He looks busy and my heart is beating waaay too fast.

• Advertisement

Will you get on with it? He'll only get busier as the night goes on!!!

She who hesitates...

Will you get on with it? He'll only get busier as the night goes on!!!

It's easy for you to say! For some reason it's not crowded tonight. People keep leaving I'm thinking of playing it's safe and asking the other barman if he's single...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

rockbeast wrote: »
    She who hesitates...

..Masturbates...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

cute ginger

How many have you had?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The third drink should be helping with the nerves by now!

Have confidence in yourself - it's some compliment to be asked out by a pretty girl. He'll be delighted :)

Timmyctc wrote: »
    ..Masturbates...

haha. This is the truth. Munster87, are you in the bar where one of the barmen has a gazillion tattoos and is wearing black shorts and a black tshirt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Take a shneaky wee pic of him there OP and post it up so we can have a gawk.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    ..Masturbates...

Was thinking has a mickey d's and gets the fightlink:D

• Advertisement

haha. This is the truth. Munster87, are you in the bar where one of the barmen has a gazillion tattoos and is wearing black shorts and a black tshirt?

Fibbers so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'm by myself. I'm worried it's might be even more weird if I ask him out because then he'll just think I've been sort of stealth stalking him. It's the truth but I don't want him to think it. I should just go home.....

Without reading the whole thread, my advice is stay at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

You thinking of kidnapping the barman :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jonti

I'm seated in a pub. This is my second drink. The bar man is a cute ginger with a pretty mouth. I want to ask him out but I'm shy. Also, this is my favourite pub. If he says no, I will be too embarrassed to come back. What to do, what to do?

Buy him a pint and ask him what's he doing when he gets off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Smile and a wink maybe ask him to join you for a drink. Could be a long night before he get a break or waiting till closing time!

The lads are having you on. Ask him when you not too tipsy!

Nothing wrong with gingers!

Okay, I've just pretended to his colleague that one of my friends likes him ( we come here often, my friends and I so he believed it's) and his response is, 'everyone likes him.' :-( I'm getting rejected so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

munster87 wrote: »
    I think we are in the same bar!!

She's at home, are you?

rockbeast wrote: »
    Fibbers so...

No.

Okay, I've just pretended to his colleague that one of my friends likes him ( we come here often, my friends and I so he believed it's) and his response is, 'everyone likes him.' :-( I'm getting rejected so.

You will with that attitude missy :mad:
    Tell his colleague the truth now and I bet ya ginger will pop over to chat.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Just ****ing sack up and ask him. Confidence is sexy being meek and shy isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

You're not being rejected! He might just be a cheeky chap that has the craic and gets on with everyone! Go for it! :)
    I'm completely hooked here and expecting serious results :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement