Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much food

Options
  • 21-03-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

ok i just got an akita collie cross the other day hes very skinny cause he was found abandonned in the moutains(so u can see the outlines of his ribs but only when hes standing up and his hips(between his ribs and pelvis)is about 15cm wide)
    how much should i feed him to get him back into shape(i understand it could take some time)and how much he should be feed afterwards

thanks in advance :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

How old is the dog?
    I would go to your petstore and check the likes of Royal Canine foods - see what they say on the side (they have breed specific food) as to how much daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Rush@)=(~ wrote: »
    ok i just got an akita collie cross the other day hes very skinny cause he was found abandonned in the moutains(so u can see the outlines of his ribs but only when hes standing up and his hips(between his ribs and pelvis)is about 15cm wide)
    how much should i feed him to get him back into shape(i understand it could take some time)and how much he should be feed afterwards

thanks in advance :pac:
    you need to feed a starved dog little and often. His stomach wont be able to handle large amounts of food and he will get sick. So small amounts of food 4 or 5 times a day and make sure he always has access to fresh water. Where did you get him from? You should really bring him to a vets and get him checked out and get proper advice . He may need supplements to help him on the road to recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 soulstaf

He needs to be fed a good quality complete diet, dry diet such as Royal Canin & Hills are complete diet, there is NO need to supplement if the dog is feed on one of these diets. Adding supplements on top of complete diets just upsets the balance of minerals and vitamins within the diet!

Do feed the dog a good quality diet in a Junior version little and often as said above. this should help. Do get a Vet to give the dog a general health check, dont forget worming and flea treatments!:)

Advertisement