Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do if you found a wallet?

• 05-06-2013 4:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭

I recently found a wallet on the bus. It had ID cards, credit cards, ATM cards and a €50 note. I contacted the credit card company and told them I had found this guys wallet with all his cards and gave them my personal details to pass on to him as he was sure to contact them to cancel the card. I stuck the €50 in my back pocket as my payment for going out of my way to get this guys wallet back to him. Anyway the next day I get a call from him and we arrange to meet up at the Spire. The guy is over the moon and full of thanks. He says he has to give me a reward and opens up an empty wallet, looks at me for a second and then says, come with me. We go over to the nearest ATM and he takes out a €50 and gives it to me. I did feel a little bit guilty for keeping the €50 in the wallet but I had no way of knowing he was planning on giving me a reward and a few years previous to this, I found a handbag out side a very posh pub with several hundred euro, possibly a few grand and when I brought it into the pub and found the owner, I didn't even get a thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

For a start I'd have refused to take any more money from the man I'd just robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I would return it with everything I found in it and not steal €50 and call it my reward to try justify being a petty thief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

becost wrote: »
    I recently found a wallet on the bus. It had ID cards, credit cards, ATM cards and a €50 note. I contacted the credit card company and told them I had found this guys wallet with all his cards and gave them my personal details to pass on to him as he was sure to contact them to cancel the card. I stuck the €50 in my back pocket as my payment for going out of my way to get this guys wallet back to him. Anyway the next day I get a call from him and we arrange to meet up at the Spire. The guy is over the moon and full of thanks. He says he has to give me a reward and opens up an empty wallet, looks at me for a second and then says, come with me. We go over to the nearest ATM and he takes out a €50 and gives it to me. I did feel a little bit guilty for keeping the €50 in the wallet but I had no way of knowing he was planning on giving me a reward and a few years previous to this, I found a handbag out side a very posh pub with several hundred euro, possibly a few grand and when I brought it into the pub and found the owner, I didn't even get a thanks.

2/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

eh you stole a fifty from him and you feel good about giving him back his wallet :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Is it not an unwritten rule that you keep the cash if you find a wallet?
    mathie wrote: »
    2/10

true story bro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

OMG YOU TOOK 50 EURO?! IT WASN'T YOURS TO TAKE! JUST BECAUSE YOU FOUND IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO ROB THE PERSON!! AND THEN YOU TOOK THE ADDITIONAL REWARD?!?!?!

This is how I would have responded if this weren't so obviously a troll.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'd go out of my way to get the wallet back because I'm a decent person and not a thief. Wouldn't accept a reward either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

No, that's the unwritten rule if you steal the wallet.

If you find the wallet you're allowed to keep any family photos they have in it and nothing more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

You're either a Tea-Leaf or a Tin-Roofer, i don't know which is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I find wallets, phones, ipods, everything under the sun, in the course of my job.

I have never taken so much as a cent from any of them, and I have never received or looked for a reward for returning them either.

I call bullsh1t on this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

true story bro...
    Nah. You give back the cash and keep the wallet. Once you do this enough times you'll have enough leather to make a jacket. When you wear it, people will know they can trust you, and you'll never have to pay a deposit again. For anything. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

You're either a Tea-Leaf or a Tin-Roofer, i don't know which is worse.

Obviously a tin roofing tea leaf! :)

After Hours, After Hours, After Hours.

As per the charter.

OP Banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement