Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog minders or kennels?

Options
  • 14-03-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

I am heading off for a week in April and wondered can anyone advise me on any good kennels in Dublin south or even if there is dog minders.
    Has anyone had their dogs in kennels and how much would it be,and they need kennel cough injection?
    Thanks alot :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Ring your local vet and see if they recommend any kennels but really the best way to judge a kennels is to go there yourself and have a good look around and ask loads of questions.

Your dog will have to be given the kennel cough vacc and you will need to get the vet to give you a cert saying that your dog was done, which you will need to bring with you to the kennels. if the kennels doesnt insist on vacc certs dont leave your dog there as other dogs may not be vaccinated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkdaisy

Definitely ring your local vet, they should be able to recommend somewhere for your dog.
    And you must give the kennel cough vaccine at least a week before the dog goes into kennels, to make sure they're fully protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

Have PM'd you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Thanks alot guys for the replies :) its great help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

We leave our dogs in Holygrove Boarding kennels in Newcastle and we're very happy with them. We pay €25 per night for two dogs housed together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Gambler wrote: »
    We leave our dogs in Holygrove Boarding kennels in Newcastle and we're very happy with them. We pay €25 per night for two dogs housed together.

Wonder if our dogs have met!!! :D
    I too leave both my dogs in Hollygrove, have done for about 5 yrs now, you can also have your dog groomed there for about 40 Euro, dogs are housed in a stable inside a secure barn and exercised in a huge fenced field twice per day, The owners (Nigel and Vivienne) will exercise your dog(s) just before you collect them so they are nice and calm when you pick them up. Can't recommend Hollygrove highly enough. (Ph: 014587112)

Gambler wrote: »

Thanks Gambler i am very close to there and know Newcastle well:)

gypsygirl wrote: »
    Wonder if our dogs have met!!! :D
    I too leave both my dogs in Hollygrove, have done for about 5 yrs now, you can also have your dog groomed there for about 40 Euro, dogs are housed in a stable inside a secure barn and exercised in a huge fenced field twice per day, The owners (Nigel and Vivienne) will exercise your dog(s) just before you collect them so they are nice and calm when you pick them up. Can't recommend Hollygrove highly enough. (Ph: 014587112)

Great thanks gypsygirl :) Is that forty euro per day tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

shqipshume wrote: »
    Great thanks gypsygirl :) Is that forty euro per day tho?
    The cost to board the dog is 15 Euro per day or 25 Euro for two dogs housed together, Its an extra 40 Euro if you want the dog groomed. We usually get our two done while they're there, Molly gets a pink bow around her neck and Nigel gets a blue one, so cute, except Nigel is a Doberman and Molly is a Shepherd. :D, The bedding Hollygrove uses keeps the dogs really clean too, my two are outdoor dogs and last time went into the kennels with a fairly strong doggy smell, we didn't have them groomed this time, but both dogs came out looking (and smelling) really clean, I asked Nigel (the owner, not my Dobie) if they had been groomed and he said "No, the bedding absorbs any doggy smell"
    Give them a try, I promise you'll go back every time after that. :)

gypsygirl wrote: »
    The cost to board the dog is 15 Euro per day or 25 Euro for two dogs housed together, Its an extra 40 Euro if you want the dog groomed. We usually get our two done while they're there, Molly gets a pink bow around her neck and Nigel gets a blue one, so cute, except Nigel is a Doberman and Molly is a Shepherd. :D, The bedding Hollygrove uses keeps the dogs really clean too, my two are outdoor dogs and last time went into the kennels with a fairly strong doggy smell, we didn't have them groomed this time, but both dogs came out looking (and smelling) really clean, I asked Nigel (the owner, not my Dobie) if they had been groomed and he said "No, the bedding absorbs any doggy smell"
    Give them a try, I promise you'll go back every time after that. :)

Thats really good fifteen per day and only around corner from me.:)

haha i love dobermen and shepherds,great dogs :)
    Mine is a tri colour collie,he is an absolute mental case lol :D he is in doors so no strong doggy smell,i have been putting him out the last few days in the back when i head off for a bit to get him used to not been inside so much.
    Sounds really great thanks again so much i will consider them for definite.
    Are you local? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement