Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game of Throne - Telltale Games

Options
  • 23-02-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Over the weekend I took the plunge and purchased Episode 1 of the Game of Thrones telltale game on Xbox Live for €4.99. Telltale games were famous for the their point and click decision making gameplay but are more popular for their excellent storyline. Their most popular release has been their series on the walking dead. Martin opted for the Telltale route following the poor storylines of other GoT video games and his personal assistant worked directly with the writers

Anyways back to GoT. The events of the game take place on the night of the Red Wedding. The main focus of the storyline is House Forrester, bannermen of the Starks. Essentially they supply the realm with wood for shields and boats. You begin as Lord Forrester's Squire whom is celebrating Edmures wedding in the tents surrounding the Twins. We all know what happens next.
    :(

The repurcusions of the wedding lead to a power shift in the North and you then play Lord Forresters 3rd born 12 year old son Ethan who becomes Lord and must make major decisions to protect the Forester House, woods, Name, Castle and Family. Things like showing mercy to criminals, promoting small council members and negotiating with other lords whom are Bolton loyalists.

You also play his sister, Mira who is placed in Kings Landing who is handmade to Margery and appear loyal to Cersei.

I have to say that this was a really enjoyable experience. The game had a lot of glitches and some of the fast action stuff skipped from time to time. But the storyline was superb, really gripping and hostile and in very much Martins style. The most thrilling was in the Throne Room trying to choose what to say to Cersei to show strength but not defiance while at the same time keeping sides with Margery. It really emphasized how a conversation in Kings Landing can have huge repercussions to a House hundreds of leagues away.

Anyway if any of ye hardcore fans are out sick or have a free weekend I'd recommend at least giving the free demo a go. I got a good 2-3 hours out of a episode 1 and you can play it multiple ways. Its on Google play too and PC.

Kit Harrington, Lena Headley, Peter Dinklage, Iwan Rheon and Natalie Dormer all voice their characters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stechkin

Saw this game ... anybody tried ?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Great game with true game of throne ending....well the options i chose anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭pedatron

Ep 2 is out for this the past few weeks too. Not as strong as ep 1 but still decent. Voice acting is class and it's cool to see characters from the TV show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

You can get the first episode free on iOS here:
    http://ie.ign.com/prime/promo/game-of-thrones-free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I found the complete First Season on the Xbox Store for an RRP of €29.99 and I also saw the Season Pass for €24.99, both are €15 on sale as of this post.

What will be the difference between buying the Season Pass and buying the complete first season? Will the Season Pass cover me for any future seasons?

Sorry for the dopey question, I can't see why they have both for sale at originally different prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you buy the season pass, you have to buy episode 1 separately. I think it might be free at the minute though? Are you looking for Xb1 or 360?

Episode 1 is free on 360 at the moment (but doesn't seem to be on Xb1), and you can get the season pass for €11.99 if you are a gold member.

If it's Xb1 you are buying it for, you're better off buying the "complete first season" deal.

Advertisement