Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Transporter

• 17-06-2003 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I kind of lilked this movie, even though I'm not into action movies at all..And I want to know what you all think about it...

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Rubbish.

The actions scenes were god awful. It looked liked they had filmed the fight scenes in treacle. Jason whatshisface accents was diabolical. The car chases were barely entertaining.

Terribly terribly dissapointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Dunno... been unemployed for a few weeks now (have worked my way thru a scary amounts of flicks) and actually enjoyed the film despite its MANY flaws. Entertaining rubbish :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's an entertaining dumb movie. worth watching if theres nothing else. and it has a cute asian bird. Does it for me every time :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 PatLam

Kinda strange the guys didn't like the movie, isn't it? Seems that Jason's got some more muscles than u, huh? He looks better than all these action flicks heroes, like Van Damme the dumb, Chuck the f*** Norris or Jet Li...
    Never Mind, it's life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by PatLam
    Kinda strange the guys didn't like the movie, isn't it? Seems that Jason's got some more muscles than u, huh? He looks better than all these action flicks heroes, like Van Damme the dumb, Chuck the f*** Norris or Jet Li...
    Never Mind, it's life

Err... muscles and looks don't make a movie. It has to have a little more content than that.

Besides which, Jason isn't even that attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Never Mind, it's life

As further proof of your cunning hypothesis I have little to no musculature and thought the film was utter horsesh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Van Damme the dumb, Chuck the f*** Norris or Jet Li...
    Never Mind, it's life

the above people who you classeD as "heroes" are a poor example of the genre, which made your opinion of THAT ENGLISH TWAT more bearable - to you at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 PatLam

Very friendly you all, don't ever understand a joke...too damn frustrated huh?
    Well, I'm leaving this place, since no one seems to have an ounce of humor and good sense

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sarcasm surpasses most people on boards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Anyway ... back to the topic ...

I thought the film started kinda well, but went steadily downhill from there. The action sequences were ridiculous and the dialog was nearly as bad. Its defo "one to miss" in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i thought it was ok :) leave your brain at the door styley !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Its one of those films that yuo finish and you can't work out if you enjoyed it or thought its was utter crap.

I think I kinda enjoyed it. The chick in it was just so dam hot......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mavedic

I've never laughed so much at a film that wasn't supposed to be a comedy! It was utter sh*te. And the transporter himself didn't even make up for it. Wouldn't watch it again if you paid me to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Boyg

I've seen the film twice: the first time i went to the cinema because i thought it might be worth a look. the second time, i rented it out on dvd purly to see the reactions on my families faces :)

This film is utter POO!

main character is rambo
    amazingly large plot holes
    crappy acting
    THE OIL SCENE! gawd

but, if u want a laugh u'll get it here. The film tries to be so serious that its funny.Laughing at the fight scenes and plotholes works too . i had hours of laughs about this film.

Maybe i'll rent it again? :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Must be a different Transporter you are all talking about :) I thought it was well worth the 8 euros. Statham has a very wry acting style that suited the not-too-serious plot.

And it was a very rare treat to see Shu Qi speaking English in a film. If you want to see her taking the lead role in a stylish Hong Kong action flick, check out last year's "So Close".

She was also in Beijing Rocks, shown on Channel 4 last year. Good film, great actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Well it's not gonna get an oscar.
    But I thought it started out really well, and did start to go downhill after a while. Especially after the long fight scenes. I went into it expecting complete pants (as all the reviews said) and it wasn't that bad.

But I thought that Statham pulled off the fight scenes very well.
    Some of the wire work was excellent and he didn't look like someone that was only training for a few months before.

A complete no-brainer film but for every Donnie Daarko there has to be one of these & I can't help feeling that I enjoyed it, but I don't know why
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I thought it was a half decent no-brainer with some quite funny scenes. Maybe I was just in the right mood for it to agree with me, i don't know, but I thought it was pretty OK.

I thought Jason's accent was very muddled, not sure if it was english, american or something else entirely and it seemed to change through the course of the movie.

And the chase at the start was pretty crap, I thought at the beginning I wasn't going to like it at all, but I was happy by the end.

Like you said, it's not gonna get an oscar, but it was fine. Not every film has to be an oscar winner, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a chance.

OK, so it's not for everyone, but both me and my missus liked it, and she's not really an action flick kinda girl (apart from gangter movies), but I am, so who knows.

Horses for courses anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Ah it was a great film but only because it tried to be such a serious action movie.

It was so bad it was great, if you get what I mean. You'd probably have to watch it with friends though, it wouldn't be that much fun watching it on your own.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I really enjoyed it. Some of you think too much when you're watching a movie. It's not a film that want's to be taken too seriously. I thought the actions scenes were enjoyable and Stratham is a likeable actor. He's excellent in Snatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

it was great if not a bit overacted, the fight scenes were very original and the storyline was ok too i give it the thumbs up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

thumbs up from me too.

not all films need to win oscars or leave you deep in thought to be enjoyable.

leave your brain at the door and you'll be fine, I promise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I saw this in the states a while ago and I thought it was hilarious...

The key to enjoying this movie is to just let go right at the start, otherwise you'll hate it. I went with the lads and had a good laugh at it :)

Advertisement