Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish mature student in the uk

• 10-03-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi guys/gals hope all is well:)...just a few things im considering if it's possible at all(just a thought) i wish to study in London but firstly

would i be able to apply as a mature student to a college there with out having a permanent UK address(planning to move over to study abroad for the experience/opportunities)

would i be entitled to a grant/maintenance fee even tho im Irish/EU student??

would really appreciate any help/info on this thank you very much:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

ioc wrote: »
    hi guys/gals hope all is well:)...just a few things im considering if it's possible at all(just a thought) i wish to study in London but firstly

would i be able to apply as a mature student to a college there with out having a permanent UK address(planning to move over to study abroad for the experience/opportunities)

would i be entitled to a grant/maintenance fee even tho im Irish/EU student??

would really appreciate any help/info on this thank you very much:)

The grant does not pay any fees for courses outside the island of Ireland but you may qualify for the maintenance part of the grant if you have been resident in the state for 3 of the last 5 years and meet the other criteria for being a mature student and you are under the income thresholds.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

^^^ im aware of the above but i was wondering was there anything like finance/funds support available in the uk that someone may have done before or know of :)...being irish part of the eu there may be a funding system that i can apply for perhaps??

You need to look here..

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/overview

but just Google could have given you this information.

^^^ again yes i already did and no i'm not entitled to a maintenance grant if you did the research proper!!(only tuition fees)....again i was wondering if anybody has experience studying in the UK particularly London if there is any funding system provided by the EU/UK...please let me know id really appreciate it :)

You apply to both!!
    SUSI for maintenance and the UK for fees

Do your research proper (ly) if your going to be a third level educated student or get your mommy to do it!!, (oh, sorry you're meant to be a mature student!)

• Advertisement

if you did the research proper

I also like this bit, you want others to do your research....LMAO

^^^lol abit touchy are we not ;)...thanks for the simpleton advice anyways.. but please don't reply again and go troll else where okay sir :D

^^^lol abit touchy are we not ;)...thanks for the simpleton advice anyways.. but please don't reply again and go troll else where okay sir :D

Well if you care to check out my history, you may find I am not a troll and I am quite informative with regard to student grants. (with those that appreciate good advice)
    and if my advice was so simpleton, then I guess you must be quite embarrassed it was answered correctly in such a simpleton way.
    :p

^^^not at all can't be bothered looking at your history and don't give a flying fart what you are on here..i asked a question and got a sarcastic answer.. now i won't be giving you any medals for this(sorry keep entertaining yourself :P ) but id say its time you got off your little chair.. opened a window and looked outside...There is a world out there if you catch my drift ;)..wink wink wink

Well unlike you, I do look at a bit of history and it surprises the answers it gives.

In fact female dogs go into heat, not male.. male dogs just react to female dogs that are in heat (hope it's not veterinary you want to study) therefore your 2 male dogs maybe/are/where just into each other ;-).

You asked a question on boards.ie and sometimes the answer maybe simple to some people and not others, but at least the good people of boards, me or others, take the time to answer these questions without judgment, no matter how simple the question or answers may be.
    So if you wish to be ungrateful when your question is answered, please don't ask the question in the first place and research it if you can.

• Advertisement

^^^^yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :D

Advertisement