Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to college BTEA help

Options
  • 03-03-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking at getting back into to college. I was previously in a course in DCU ( level 8) where I got the full grant but personal and financial problems aggravated each other and I dropped out half way trough second year spending most of my time after in FAS courses where I could of passed the exams on the first day and they have been no help in the job hunt. I want to go do a level 7 that can become a level 8 in the final year not sure what impact that has.

If my current course counts as time unemployed ( tutors looking into it for me ) I should be able to get BTEA but am wondering is there any help for the fees and SC or loan facilities where I don't have to pay anything until after the course ( AIB do interest only anyway but wondering if I can a loan without them during the course ) or can I get the social welfare to pay for even part of them ?

Also presuming after 2 years I'll get fees and SC paid for the final year while still being on BTEA

Advertisement