Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest laptop for microsoft office

Options
  • 28-11-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a laptop that will pretty much only be used for Microsoft office. The only other possible use might be emails. Price is everything here. How low can I go?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

MRTULES wrote: »
    I am looking for a laptop that will pretty much only be used for Microsoft office. The only other possible use might be emails. Price is everything here. How low can I go?

Thanks in advance

Does it have to be new? You could probably buy a very cheap second hand one that would be more than capable of what you are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

No new is not necessarily new as long as its in good enough nick. I suppose windows 7 and microsoft office already on it would be a big +
    Just wondering how low could I go CPU wise. Ideally I would like it to last more than a few months.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

MRTULES wrote: »
    No new is not necessarily new as long as its in good enough nick. I suppose windows 7 and microsoft office already on it would be a big +
    Just wondering how low could I go CPU wise. Ideally I would like it to last more than a few months.
    Thanks

Windows 7 needs 1GHz processor + 1GB RAM. Any laptop that can run Windows 7 will run Office! You could buy a really cheap one with XP on it too, but you would probably be best investing in something more recent. If you are buying second hand, google the model to see if there are many reports of failures. Particularly avoid models that are known to have faulty GPU's

Advertisement