Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY obligatory or not?

Options
  • 21-06-2015 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've looked at the first few pages of threads on here and can't find this question being ashed so apologies if it's been done to death but I'd like to know whether TY is obligatory or not?

My son will be doing the JC next year so will either be heading into TY or onto 5th year in Sept 2016. I've an open mind about whether TY is worth doing or not for him (I guess it depends on what the school plans to do/achieve during the TY year) as he has done a lot of travelling and social activities in his life thus far but if it's obligatory and he has no choice but to do it I'd rather just know that so I don't waste time trying to weigh up whether he should do it or not.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Hi all,

I've looked at the first few pages of threads on here and can't find this question being ashed so apologies if it's been done to death but I'd like to know whether TY is obligatory or not?

My son will be doing the JC next year so will either be heading into TY or onto 5th year in Sept 2016. I've an open mind about whether TY is worth doing or not for him (I guess it depends on what the school plans to do/achieve during the TY year) as he has done a lot of travelling and social activities in his life thus far but if it's obligatory and he has no choice but to do it I'd rather just know that so I don't waste time trying to weigh up whether he should do it or not.

Cheers.

I think it depends on the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Advertisement